Disecting the Rotovac CFX.....

Name
Nate W.
So I got a deal on the rotovac CFX and other stuff. I was testing out the CFX to make sure everything was in working order. Only to find out the previous owner lost a screw to the pump-out and it was spraying water inside the vacuum compartment. I thought I'd take some pics on the guts. I like to see this kind of stuff on equipment. This is a 2 2stage vacuum CFX. The 2 3stage vacuum CFX will have 2 cords to power the unit. I think I may just throw on 2 3stage motors.... I'll see..

100_1675.jpg

100_1676.jpg

Nice feature with the wire-harness disconnect.
100_1678.jpg

A tight fit to get in and out. You need to take the left side out first, then the right. Put in back in the reverse order.
100_1677.jpg

The 4 screws to hold the cover of the pumpout impeller. 1 of them fell in while the previous owner either put on or taking off the cover to check/change the impeller.
100_1679.jpg

Name
Nate W.
carpetcleaner said:
How does the 2 stage perform? I have been looking for a used one around here, they all seem to be 2 stage.

It's decent. I'm used to porty's with 2 3stage vacuums. That said, I'd be disappointed if I paid full retail for it.... shiteatinggrin It'll get the job done. If you stay at 25' to 50' no more then that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom