Customer service (Maybe Bird Room material?)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have noticed that I am very critical and observant when I am spending my money somewhere. I think all the pressure to have perfect customer service skills has made me expect perfect customer service when I go somewhere to spend my money.

Being in the home, under the microscope for so long, do you think we might end up being a little hard on the employees at Best Buy etc? I also find myself looking for managers to point out good customer service on a regular basis. It's just shocking to me to go somewhere and get good service that I must make sure the manager knows about it when it happens. I then tell him to hire another fifteen of that guy.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I have to say that you are very considerate to have contemplated the placement in the Bird Room. But in my opinion this post is more than entirely just fine here, although the Marketing, Business and Personal Development room may be the ultimate destination if some quality responses are tendered.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I have done that very thing mysef....of course they think that i'm jus a crazy ol' coot!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I always compliment the waitresses regardless of service just in case they think of spiting in my food.

breathe72

Gary, I also compliment the help when appropriate.

There is a book on customer service called 'Raving Fans', (I am unsure of the author's name) an it was given to me a few years back by a mentor of mine.

The book illustrates how bad customer service is nowadays and how nobody expects great service any more.

Basically, the author's idea is that if you want your customers to be raving fans of your business, you must first be raving fans of your customers.

There is a part in the book in which the author says that most businesses today should take down their signs that read "Best Service Around", and instead replace them all with a sign that reads:
"The service you will receive here will be no worse that what you'll get anywhere else".... because this is the mode that most companies seem to operate on when it comes to service.

Back
Top Bottom