Craigslist.com

Yaser

Any of you advertise on craigslist? What has been the response and what kind of ad did you have (wording of the ad)

Thanks for sharing

Greg Loe

I've put some things on craigslist (carpet cleaning) and got no calls. Tried many different ads too. Nothing pulled any business.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have always felt that the people who shop on Craigslist were price shoppers and just wanted the cheapest prices, but i have seen other companies in my area advertise on there.

Scott

Craigslist is a great place to test ad response because it costs nothing. It's as good a shotgun style ad source as the classified section.

Give it a try.

Scott

-JB-

Name
JB
Over what period of time, days weeks months? What was the ave. tic.?

What was the copy?

Thanks Dan. :wink:

danpauselius

The first one took about a week before I got a job from it; don't really remember the copy.

The second ad was posted this past week. I had a job booked by the end of the day. As far as ad copy goes, I'd prefer to talk to you about that for reasons you are probably already aware of.

Average ticket (which is only one until I do the second job) was about $175. I got the job because her "other" carpet cleaner failed to show up. I was able to get out there within an hour or so.

Jimbo

Chuck is 40

I've used cl successfully to sell a few cars...quickest sale was a 67 Camaro Vert that sold in about 7 minutes...and I had over 30 back up offers for it...hmmmm....maybe I should have asked a little more!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have advertised there. I tested a bunch of ads and the top draw was "all white, english speaking carpet cleaner" I didn't put my business name and just wrote about my process and I got a ton of work.

Name
Bruce
Greg Crowley said:
I have advertised there. I tested a bunch of ads and the top draw was "all white, english speaking carpet cleaner" I didn't put my business name and just wrote about my process and I got a ton of work.
:shock:

diamond brian

That's funny Greg. There's a company here called "All-Mexican Roofing", and they are keeping busy too.

I like the name "No-Mexican carpet Cleaning", but then I'd have to fire somebody. :(

Rescue

I never tried craigslist because I thougth it was for cheap shoppers. How do you place an add on there anyways. I tried once but was only able to use text. Does anyone know how to put pictures and there website on it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom