Commercial sq/ft. pricing?

Rescue

I was just wondering what you guys would bid on this commercial business?

It is 800sq/ft
commercial grade nylon carpet.
0/10 scale on how dirty=2/10 (pretty clean)
no furniture to move.

I was thinking $225-$300 bucks.
I want to make $150 hour and it will probably take me 1.5-2.0 hours to do.

G

Around my place I could only get about .25 cents a sq. ft.
$200.00 that's it! for comm.

Good Luck! AL

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
take you 2 hrs to do 800 sqft of fairly clean carpet???

wtf you doin wrong

Name
Bruce
I'd never get a chance to clean something like that unless they were refered by someone. We have guys around here that would clean that at .10 a sqft

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Our minimum charge is $100. And unfortunately such a small job would land at our minimum charge rate. There are times that we need to do accounts for the minimum rate, it comes with the territory sometimes. But we don't like it. :x

On the other hand, it makes more sense to go after jobs that PAY! If you will spend your time marketing to higher end accounts, you'll find that the better accounts will begin to come in. And as you build up larger, more profitable accounts, they'll add sweet moola to your bank account :)

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
In my area some guys would clean for less than $100. In your area they get .25 to .40 for CGD. This job should only take an hour. I wouldn't go above 200 unless you know this customer is willing to pay for a quality clean or are they just trying to get their deposit back.

If the carpet is not that bad any hack is going to go in cheap and look like a hero.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
240.00 and not a penny less. if no one ever starts bidding where these jobs should be they will always be in the 100 dollar range.
i bid on 2480 sq ft car dealership today....30 per sq ft and booked the job. customer told me he heard from several people that we were worth every penny..when i first started in business i would have done it for .20 per sq because i needed business and needed to get out there..once you are out there and have a great rep you need to get paid!!
dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom