Commercial Sales - Hanging File Folders

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Something Richard said made me think about an idea I never got around to trying.

He said something like "we get sales guys in here all the time and I usually just pitch the stuff right away"...."a month later I'm looking for it needing what he had for sale". Something like that anyway.

I'm thinking of giving all of my info in a hanging file folder. One that's already tabbed with Blue Monarch on one side and Carpet Cleaning on the other. This way, the tab can be used appropriately, based on their filing system.

My guess is the main reason our stuff gets pitched is because of the PITA factor in dealing with the stuff we gave them. This makes it easy for them to just drop it in their filing cabinet.

Any thoughts?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Truly inspired, Dirk. The obvious things can be so difficult to see.

Now for the real test. Let us know how it works after a few months.

Scott Warrington

Name
Bruce
We started doing this years ago , about 5 years ago. We would put information about our company, business cards, other junk and put it in a folder with our logo on it so they could easily file it. It was a good feeling when I went back to a customers home to clean and they had the file out on the counter.

These folders would only go out to new customers.

WISE

I have a design for a folder--have not had them printed yet however.

On the tab I was thinking of Home Maintenance Records rather than our company name. Logo on the front and spotting chart on the back. Then have one for commercial also.

I think people would hang on to em...

...one way to find out.

WISE

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I intend to do it in the residential market as well. Hopefully, people will remember they filed it.

Scott

Dirk Wingrove said:
I intend to do it in the residential market as well. Hopefully, people will remember they filed it.

How about this?

When the client calls in, first ask if they've used your service.

If they have, ask them if they have your folder handy.

If so, ask them to have it out when you arrive
If not let them know you will provide them with one and you'd
like for them to hold on to it for reference

If not, advise them that as part of your service you provide them with a Cleaning Maintenance Folder

That is Banana-like in every way. It's memorable and you know your competition isn't doing it.

Scott

-JB-

Name
JB
Scotchgard makes a real nice 4 color one for resi, cost like $1 ea., I just add the $1 to the cost of their first SG application. Seems to really impress custs. as to how "together" you are.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Good idea, Dirk. However, as both David and JB point out, there is no need to re-invent the wheel. 3-M in their generous marketing wisdom has already printed out a very attractive 4-color folder with lots of carpet maintenance and (very important) some die-cut slots to fit your business card in.

BTW, if someone does not yet have my free Special Report on how to sell protector (any brand even though I am partial to SG) just write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com If you want my free DVD too just include your mailing address.

Steve Toburen
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS At a buck a pop one of these folders should go to every commercial AND residential job.

Full disclosure: None of my Jon-Don compensation depends upon any sort of product sales, including Scotchgard. However, I do get paid by the word! Just kidding, Sutley!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom