dallasdj

I need help in bidding.

Sliding scales, price per sf...

How do you guys do this?

Thanks for responding in advance.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Figure out your production rates, & your cost of doing the job & set your "per hour" rate for your desired level of profit.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... I think Jeremy is trying to become the new Lee Stockwell!

It would help if you gave us some more information. Like, what method are you going to use? Are you cleaning by yourself? What's the environment of the place you are cleaning?

Or, just charge $100 and not worry about it.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Wow Marty... I thought production rates would vary depending on the method, man power & the environment.... Silly me.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
The Alabama Porkmeister is leading you astray through the use of redundant words, Dallas.

Jeremy has pretty well nailed it. "Figure out your production rates, & your cost of doing the job & set your "per hour" rate for your desired level of profit."

I would only add that you then figure out how long the job will take and then look at the total square footage which will then give you your per foot price. Clear ...?

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Commercial Pricing Analysis
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS I'm impressed, Jeremy, by your clear and succinct analysis on how to price commercial. It isn't rocket science. Maybe you don't need SFS after all ...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He needs it...well he wants it anyway.

Un-like Porkchop who thinks he can instruct it. :p
(Normally a good spot to take a shot at "The Island Boy" but I will refrain, only because I will see him next week!)

hogjowl

Idiot™
You two rocket scientists (not yOu Chavez) should stop long enough to read between the lines of his post. You have to assume that a question about such a basic item of our business has to have been asked by a newby. That being the case, it's going to take him a long while to get the information necessary to make an intelligent business decision regarding pricing. Now, since he asked the question, I figure he needs an answer that he can actually use, today, and not some long-winded answer designed to impress. After-all, this BB is to be used to help each other. Right?

Now, obtaining the information you two scholars mentioned is indeed necessary, but in the mean time, I just thought it might be nice to answer his freakin question! Sure, my answer is not going to be entirely accurate, as my market, and the conditions under which I operate won't be exactly the same as his, but as Island Boy so astutely pointed out, this ain't rocket science, so I probably can get him close enough for government work.

Or, we can leave him hanging out on a limb until he learns his production rates and hourly costs.

If he lasts that long.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty will never be banned over there.

He would just agree to buy a case of that miracle SHAMPOO to make amends.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I don't know how to bid commercial, this is what the last comp. I worked at did.

No commercial discount for anything under 1500sq. ft. unless they wanted a very regular cleaning.

Then: Measure entire length and width of all rooms, don't subtract for furniture.

Start commercial pricing at 18-20cents/sq.ft, and as sq. footage goes up, price goes down 2cents/ sq. ft every 1500ft increment until it drops to 14cents/sq. ft.

Protector goes on at 12cents/sq.ft. No exceptions

Conditions of commercial pricing are as follows:

Their regular maintenance people must have the carpets thoroughly vacuumed, all mats chairs trash cans etc. must be up prior to cleaning.

If they don't like those terms, bump up sq. ft. price accordingly

If they want things moved (Racks in retail stores, desks in offices, couches and chairs in lobby etc.) you charge $125.00/hour per 2 men moving items, give them a rough idea of how much labor is involved in moving items.

Keep in mind this is a town where the "non-hack" cleaners get 25-28cents/sq.ft. on residential, so adjust formula accordingly.

I don't much like that system, I don't use it now, but it's what I always did.

Keep in mind, running two trucks you can pull $300-$450/hour running that system, but on some jobs you end up only doing $90/hour per tech.

Take it for what it's worth.

dallasdj

thanks B&B and Steve

My arsenal includes 1 Cimex, 1 18" jitter-bug, new Cobb Big Boy

mostly Vac-a-way, Chemiester, Chem-Max, now Cobb, Bridgepoint and Judson solutions

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
How about deciding how much you don't want to do the commercial work and adjust your prices accordingly. I generally charge the same for commercial as I do for residential. It makes up for working late afternoons ( I don't do evenings). I might lower the price for high square footage for someone I know, otherwise full price baby!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
20 cents a sq all the time everytime on commercial. 3 bucks a step unless superwide then 4. I wind up being the cheapest and the best and I average atleast $100 an hr most of the time $150-200

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom