CFR Pro400 Station

Dibsguy

Name
Dibs Chemical Supply Co.
I'm trying to repair one of these units. Trips 15amp vacuum breaker after running a few minutes. I have schematic. Vac float switch? I'm new to these carpet cleaners but have experience in electronic repairs. Nobody around here works on these things. Trying to make a couple extra bucks. Thanks for any help. Keith

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm trying to repair one of these units. Trips 15amp vacuum breaker after running a few minutes. I have schematic. Vac float switch? I'm new to these carpet cleaners but have experience in electronic repairs. Nobody around here works on these things. Trying to make a couple extra bucks. Thanks for any help. Keith
You have to check what the total amperage draw is supposed to be on that circuit. There are many machines that need a 20 amp circuit.

Dibsguy

Name
Dibs Chemical Supply Co.
You have to check what the total amperage draw is supposed to be on that circuit. There are many machines that need a 20 amp circuit.
Thanks. 15 amp is correct per the schematic. I hate to go higher. Somebody else had been into the machine. Not in a good way from the looks of it.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks. 15 amp is correct per the schematic. I hate to go higher. Somebody else had been into the machine. Not in a good way from the looks of it.
Check all your wiring. Look for anything that looks burned or over heated. Sometimes the switches are the problem. If the vacuum motors are too old, the brushes may be worn out. Better to just replace with the appropriate motor.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just don't invest more than that machine is worth. It's not a coveted piece of equipment. Most were sold through janitorial suppliers to janitors. The recycled water was too ugly to ever pass for clean in a residential environment.

Much better more effective equipment available now for much much less than what those machines sold for.

Dibsguy

Name
Dibs Chemical Supply Co.
Check all your wiring. Look for anything that looks burned or over heated. Sometimes the switches are the problem. If the vacuum motors are too old, the brushes may be worn out. Better to just replace with the appropriate motor.
I don't see anything obvious. I did replace the motor even though the brushes were still looked okay on the old one. I will continue ...
Thanks for the input. Keith.

scotty747

I use mine for a weed killing sprayer or roof sealer. Pretty good pump, just not a good design for cleaning carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom