called pirahna marketing customer info line

randy

Name
Randy
You mean like: Warning if you are using the wrong glide CHEMwho may sue you. I could see that working for you. Especially if you had a handcuffed guy surrounded by US marshals being stuffed into a black SUV for a tax payer funded trip to UTAH.

Mikey P

Administrator
Lisa great post..

But.

You are assuming every carpet cleaner is as least as intelligent and independent you are.

Hardly the case.

F

FB7777

I have no problem with teaching business management. I think most, if not all of us, can use help with all of the intricacies of running a business, from accounting and taxes, to goal-setting, personnel management and retirement planning.

This is where I have always had problems with Joe: It's his marketing material and copy. I HATE negative and fear-based advertising. I also hate wordy copy with too much (word) info in a small format. Any advertising that seeks to raise you up by bashing the competition or other methods, or attempts to make customers suspicious or fearful of hiring anyone but you hurts the whole industry. The WARNING graphics and YP ads, the Ethical Services site, especially as it was originally posted, all serve to make us look like politicians slinging mud (instead of sucking it). I get nauseous listening to a 10 minute dissertation on carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning companies, that has been twisted and perverted to make your company look like "platinum" in a sea of toxic waste. It seems to be a greed or pride based thought process that you must dominate an area, squeeze out the competition and be vigilant against newcomers. I would much rather have a friendly and cooperative relationship with the competition. I would like to be able to refer out specialized work or overbooking to my local guys and know if I need help they are there for me as well. We don't need an edge over the competition, we just need to stop being so greedy and short-sighted. Happiness and satisfaction in life are not measured by wealth or possessions. You should not need to put large amounts of money and effort into advertising and marketing after the first few years. In a service business word of mouth, retaining clients and referrals should be where the vast majority of your work comes from.

Putting a bunch of desperate cleaners into a room, working them up with motivational gobbledy-gook like some revival tent preacher, and making them race to the back of the room to be the first to pay you money for some crappy magic package like you are their lord and savior is demeaning, manipulative.....and most of the time, it is simply shearing the last bit of fleece from the sheep. There is nothing new or ground-breaking. Nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, nothing magic.....You will get better and more original ideas just by coming to places like this and investing the money where it is needed more.

I think we do not only ourselves, but our entire industry a lot more justice when we focus on the positives and let our service and our customers speak for us. I think this world badgers us all far too much with junk mail, spam, advertising everywhere...I'd rather see more cooperation and less competition among local companies and I think all would benefit. If you always treat others, customers, employees and your competitors, the way you would like to be treated yourself, then what comes around, goes around.

Take care,
Lisa

Now who sounds like a preacher

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have watched and looked at some of polish's stuff and I can say Im not really all that impressed. I think what some people don't relize is that you don't need to be zig ziglar to run a successful marketing campaign. I have found that most marketing campaigns which are successful are more about consistantcy and follow thru rather than new cutting edge ideas. I have never saw a national franchise which does either disaster or cleaning ride around with a warning sign on their van warning of other carpet cleaners. I thinks the cheezy tactics actualy de value your brand in certain respects . I recorded message slandering other cleaners doesn't imo radiate confidence to the consumer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's some cheezy stuff, scare tactics too but it does work. Just not my style at all. :icon_neutral:

It's been many years ago but at one time Joe wrote a letter and included $1.00 for taking the time to read the letter. I sent the $1.00 back and said thanks but no thanks.

He did get me, I read it for no charge. He does write great letters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
He was one of the first internet HUCKSTERS implanted to take carpet cleaner's money

Now that's all I see on the boards is people selling shit.

And all the ass kissers............................like FRED BOIL.

Tell us more about your vacations staying in a dumpster on the beach.

Or how about telling us about your house and pool again.......................and again.......................and again.

Reactions: Willy P
F

FB7777

He was one of the first internet HUCKSTERS implanted to take carpet cleaner's money

Now that's all I see on the boards is people selling shit.

And all the ass kissers............................like FRED BOIL.

Tell us more about your vacations staying in a dumpster on the beach.

Or how about telling us about your house and pool again.......................and again.......................and again.
I've never spent a nickel on Polish or Partridge for that matter

You jilted lovers are the ones that bought the fairy tale and couldn't figure out how to make any ideas work for you

If starting from nothing and building a successful business that provides more than I ever imagined for my family and I'm proud of it is considered bragging then so be it

I thought most of us got into this business with a similar ideal

Anyways...

It's far better than being a sour critic that thinks nothing can be gained from marketing ideas , despite the fact that many people have had success using marketing systems from the " Gurus"! Stategies for success and other classes

We both know our roles here, I'll be the successful bragger and you can be the over the hill kept husband with a part time cleanco unit thats paranoid about innovation and growth

We've been typecast and playing these roles for years anyways

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cu

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I suppose we all could be like CU and hire illegals and be a apartment HACK multi truck business?

And you're right you are the successful BRAGARD.

Those who BRAG they have this and that ...bla....bla....bla

It's a defensive stance because the have nothing else to say.

Yes I'm a one truck operator.

And I sell women's shoes in the mall on weekends.

THESE ARE MY DREAMS!

SO FOOK OFF!

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
I have no problem with teaching business management. I think most, if not all of us, can use help with all of the intricacies of running a business, from accounting and taxes, to goal-setting, personnel management and retirement planning.

This is where I have always had problems with Joe: It's his marketing material and copy. I HATE negative and fear-based advertising. I also hate wordy copy with too much (word) info in a small format. Any advertising that seeks to raise you up by bashing the competition or other methods, or attempts to make customers suspicious or fearful of hiring anyone but you hurts the whole industry. The WARNING graphics and YP ads, the Ethical Services site, especially as it was originally posted, all serve to make us look like politicians slinging mud (instead of sucking it). I get nauseous listening to a 10 minute dissertation on carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning companies, that has been twisted and perverted to make your company look like "platinum" in a sea of toxic waste. It seems to be a greed or pride based thought process that you must dominate an area, squeeze out the competition and be vigilant against newcomers. I would much rather have a friendly and cooperative relationship with the competition. I would like to be able to refer out specialized work or overbooking to my local guys and know if I need help they are there for me as well. We don't need an edge over the competition, we just need to stop being so greedy and short-sighted. Happiness and satisfaction in life are not measured by wealth or possessions. You should not need to put large amounts of money and effort into advertising and marketing after the first few years. In a service business word of mouth, retaining clients and referrals should be where the vast majority of your work comes from.

Putting a bunch of desperate cleaners into a room, working them up with motivational gobbledy-gook like some revival tent preacher, and making them race to the back of the room to be the first to pay you money for some crappy magic package like you are their lord and savior is demeaning, manipulative.....and most of the time, it is simply shearing the last bit of fleece from the sheep. There is nothing new or ground-breaking. Nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, nothing magic.....You will get better and more original ideas just by coming to places like this and investing the money where it is needed more.

I think we do not only ourselves, but our entire industry a lot more justice when we focus on the positives and let our service and our customers speak for us. I think this world badgers us all far too much with junk mail, spam, advertising everywhere...I'd rather see more cooperation and less competition among local companies and I think all would benefit. If you always treat others, customers, employees and your competitors, the way you would like to be treated yourself, then what comes around, goes around.

Take care,
Lisa
...the most "Christian" atheiest I've ever known.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I suppose we all could be like CU and hire illegals and be a apartment HACK multi truck business?

THESE ARE MY DREAMS!

SO FOOK OFF!
Idk if I had my way being an apartment hack doesent sound like a bad proposition. Never having to move furniture, no worries about dry times, no worries about scratching walls or wood floors, you may have to squeeze in one here and there on short notice that's about it.I also think it wwould be easier to train someone who mainly did vacants. Give me a thousand dollars a day cleaning empties and Ill take that any day of the week. matter of fact we just had one of those days today doing empty commercial!

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

THESE ARE MY DREAMS!

SO FOOK OFF!

Sorry JiMmY but the 3 people that work with me and the part timer are all American Born, bread and buttered
and like Fred I have worked my LEGAL ass off paid my taxes and iv done almost everything I can to be part of this country( but I will and always do play Irish music)

you have had your whole life to make what you want in this land of milk and honey. I'm sure you have made it to your comfort zone
others may want to make more of there lives is that not the American dream

Reactions: FB7777

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom