called pirahna marketing customer info line

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I guess piranha marketing has a consumer education message that the people who use their marketing system plaster on their trucks......... Jeeez who the hell would want to ride around with a bunch of warning signs on their truck and entice potential customers to be scared off by your 9 minute customer education message consisting mainly of a recording of the owner kissing their own ass. Geez I know you have to get involved in marketing but some fellow cleaners are almost as cheezy as car salesman. What happened to doing a good job, giving a job your best effort, and standing behind your work? This piranha marketing has a real deuche bag flavor to it..... I would post the number of the hotline I called but Idk what the rules are for posting this sort of stuff.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I guess piranha marketing has a consumer education message that the people who use their marketing system plaster on their trucks......... Jeeez who the hell would want to ride around with a bunch of warning signs on their truck and entice potential customers to be scared off by your 9 minute customer education message consisting mainly of a recording of the owner kissing their own ass. Geez I know you have to get involved in marketing but some fellow cleaners are almost as cheezy as car salesman. What happened to doing a good job, giving a job your best effort, and standing behind your work? This piranha marketing has a real deuche bag flavor to it..... I would post the number of the hotline I called but Idk what the rules are for posting this sort of stuff.

LOL....douche bag flavor! Well put!

I hate that kind of marketing.

Take care,
Lisa

F

FB7777

I hear after the last Necker Island love fest, Richard Branson is going to have a " 10 things you need to ask your airlines" painted across the entire Virgin fleet

Reactions: Art Kelley

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
now is this the joe polish marketing system? what is the difference between hitman, guerilla, and piranha marketing? it looks like the marketing salesman are the only ones benefiting from these programs.

Mikey P

Administrator
it looks like the marketing salesman are the only ones benefiting from these programs.

I use to think that until I went to a Joe convention.

There are a hell of a lot of cleaners that need what Joe has to offer and do very well with it.

I agree that that hot line is very pre-internet and I'm surprised that anyone still uses it but if you think about it, how many carpet cleaners don't even know MB or the lesser boards even exist?

Probably 80% I'd guess only know the two magazines and the few gurus who advertise in them, their shitty local association and what else? Where do carpet cleaners go for help? Community College? don't be silly.

I think I'll sell Joe a banner.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had a local competitor jump on their marketing and was really busy. so much phone action they were over booking and only taking the best jobs and making excuses on the rest.

they went out of business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Joe really helped me learn how to market myself back in the beginning. I am forever thankful for him teaching me how to write copy and to sell quality work.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Joe recently had a full page ad in Fortune Magazine advertising a seminar in NYC. I think Joe can't even see our industry in his rear view mirror anymore.

Reactions: Ken Snow

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I spoke with a guy last week who had been in a different industry. He purchased Joe's package for his industry. When he got it, he saw that the material was heavily weighted toward carpet cleaning. That ended up getting the guy interested in our industry. And now he is starting a carpet cleaning business. I thought that was an interesting way to come into the carpet cleaning business.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
1-800-330-1888
Encap Supplies: http://www.Excellent-Supply.com
Encap Message Board: http://www.EncapBoard.com
Encap Chemicals: http://www.Releasit.com

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Those carpet cleaning gurus are leaving our industry. I had a friend in Palm Springs California that does pest control He knew I did carpet cleaning so he asked me if I had ever heard of Howard Partridge. I was like yeah, why. He said that he was getting postcards about pest control marketing and that the guy used to do carpet cleaning....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
^^^^ laugh out loud

Not familiar with joe's system really.

I do know cleaners don't respect sales/marketing or business admin in general all that much. Selling jobs takes a lot of hard work, interviewing,hiring,training and supervising employees is more work actually then cleaning. Carpet cleaners dont seem to see it that way though, people want some button they can push.

Just like it takes education, training and practice to become a master tech, it takes same to become a skillful salesperson/marketer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just being an ass.

I think his program has worked for many and can work for anyone IF you work it. Same as all the so called "Marketing Guru's" programs, they only work if you work it.

Sitting on the shelf they'll do nothing for you.

What is Paula doing now days???:p

Mikey P

Administrator
our own Jerry "Cu" Valentine used Piranha to greatly improve his business.

I want to hear what he found with Joe that he could not find on the Boards.

I'm going to guess the accountability of them checking in on you would be a big part of it. Could be wrong. May just be the Irish to English translation app that comes free with the international 1800 number that did the trick.

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Rich Cleaner

Supportive Member
Name
Joel Cohen
Joe recently had a full page ad in Fortune Magazine advertising a seminar in NYC. I think Joe can't even see our industry in his rear view mirror anymore.

You're right! Joe has been busy these last few years putting together a ton of stuff with some pretty high-level entrepreneurs...but still has lots of connections in the industry and hasn't forgotten his roots:

[video=youtube_share;_VP788bNIdk]http://youtu.be/_VP788bNIdk[/video]

As a matter of fact, keep your eyes peeled for something Joe and Piranha Marketing will be putting together which will end up making even the 'haters' come around... might be hard to believe but just keep your eyes peeled.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey now don't go ruining my fun! If I can't hate Joe P. who's left? :p

Great interview, Joe Domin has truly had a huge impact on our industry. Nice gesture to do the interview Joe P.!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Joe is one of those rare people that is brilliant but has the humility of a common man. The one other person that falls into this category is Cliff Zlotnik. The unfortunate part is neither is active in our industry anymore. Hard to replace the knowledge of these two giants.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yep he is the true scumbag of marketing.

Maybe he'll develop a plan for honey dippers next?

Do you remember how Lisa was always pushing his crap.....................even when she was trying to get high and mighty with the iicrc?

Looked just like all the other carnival barkers selling crap in the aisles at that connections I went to who were too cheap to buy a booth.

F

FB7777

Wtf are you babbling about Koko?

Was your dream 20 years back to still be slinging a wand solo in your 50s and pretending to have all the answers on an Internet board?

The fact is most cleaners either suck at, are too stupid to , or are too lazy to market their business to the point where younger bucks can DO the work for 30-50% of the cost of acquiring the work

Joe has helped a few non morons figure out how to crack the code

I realize you're the 1 % that actually designed his Owner Op biz to be the way it is , but 99% of the rest of us think pushing a wand until you croak with little to show for it is a Phucked up business model or are in denial

hogjowl

Idiot™
Unfortunately, I met Joe when he first started out and was still a bit green. His material was really bad. I used his customer newsletter and the typos and material was embarrassing. I got a bad taste about it all and left. He got better as he went along, and I would consider giving him another look, if he still has things to offer.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
The newsletter actually for us was a really good thing and our customers really liked it and did give us consistent repeat business as well as referrals off of it.

To me his ideas were genius and very easily applied as I never ran a business or did any marketing so I was blind to the idea of how to market.

F

FB7777

Couldn't have been worse than the Squid Marketing garbage... but Armand was a Board approved darling so nobody said squat about squid
Won that on ICS years ago so I got it for free

Still felt liked I got ripped off

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
So yes piranha worked Great for us. Whan we made a move from just doing apartments into houses
it gave us the confidence to charge the prices we needed to and to point us in the right direction . Because I don't want to be on the truck the rest of my days. Just because I'm very good at the apartment work did not mean I was going to be as good at doing houses. Two very different animals . But with the right pointers from piranha and a bit of effort from me the houses have worked out and I've kept the apartment side to use as filler work.

i have a very good friend , great guy, works hard, high priced, makes good plans ,wants off the truck..makes plans..great at .sales and up selling believes in what he does..makes plans.

i also have another good friend on the other side of the country. Who some years ago made a plan started with a guru he stuck with the plan got off the truck . Has I believe 3 trucks on the road. Still with the guru, he only works 3 days a week. built his dream home and spends as much time with his family as he wants.

we are carpet cleaners. Not all of us are lucky enough to be biz moguls . Some will grow there business so they can use it to retire and enjoy a life and some will always be a oo until they die.

JP may not be for everybody . If your not happy where you are in your biz life .if you don't know how to get to where you want to be then sign up . It's not for life ..but you can be in contact with others who felt as you do. When i meet other people using the jp systems i found most if not all of them to be very positive about where their business life was going Don't look on spending the money as giving some money to joe . Look at as investing in you. We stayed about six months and got enough out of it that it was money very well spent

As for me I'm going part time on the truck early next year. I've got other things I need to f-- k up

Reactions: Mikey P

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I have no problem with teaching business management. I think most, if not all of us, can use help with all of the intricacies of running a business, from accounting and taxes, to goal-setting, personnel management and retirement planning.

This is where I have always had problems with Joe: It's his marketing material and copy. I HATE negative and fear-based advertising. I also hate wordy copy with too much (word) info in a small format. Any advertising that seeks to raise you up by bashing the competition or other methods, or attempts to make customers suspicious or fearful of hiring anyone but you hurts the whole industry. The WARNING graphics and YP ads, the Ethical Services site, especially as it was originally posted, all serve to make us look like politicians slinging mud (instead of sucking it). I get nauseous listening to a 10 minute dissertation on carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning companies, that has been twisted and perverted to make your company look like "platinum" in a sea of toxic waste. It seems to be a greed or pride based thought process that you must dominate an area, squeeze out the competition and be vigilant against newcomers. I would much rather have a friendly and cooperative relationship with the competition. I would like to be able to refer out specialized work or overbooking to my local guys and know if I need help they are there for me as well. We don't need an edge over the competition, we just need to stop being so greedy and short-sighted. Happiness and satisfaction in life are not measured by wealth or possessions. You should not need to put large amounts of money and effort into advertising and marketing after the first few years. In a service business word of mouth, retaining clients and referrals should be where the vast majority of your work comes from.

Putting a bunch of desperate cleaners into a room, working them up with motivational gobbledy-gook like some revival tent preacher, and making them race to the back of the room to be the first to pay you money for some crappy magic package like you are their lord and savior is demeaning, manipulative.....and most of the time, it is simply shearing the last bit of fleece from the sheep. There is nothing new or ground-breaking. Nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, nothing magic.....You will get better and more original ideas just by coming to places like this and investing the money where it is needed more.

I think we do not only ourselves, but our entire industry a lot more justice when we focus on the positives and let our service and our customers speak for us. I think this world badgers us all far too much with junk mail, spam, advertising everywhere...I'd rather see more cooperation and less competition among local companies and I think all would benefit. If you always treat others, customers, employees and your competitors, the way you would like to be treated yourself, then what comes around, goes around.

Take care,
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom