Billboards?

Beeks

Name
J.R.
They kind of go hand and hand with sources like radio and tv, more for name recognition and familiarity im assuming, than actual "calls".

But was still curious if anyone has tried?

was it successful?

how long did you do it for?

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Gary Vanerchuyk jokes about Billboards being a waste of time. "Come on guys you really think anybody is looking at your billboards, its hard enough just to get them to look at the road. They are more likely to see you Facebook post while driving than the billboard"

Not sure this helps, I just thought it was a funny story.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The Xway is three miles from my shop....
that's a mile an' a half from my projected target area.........

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I have been doing them for 6 months. My opinion is that they will very little to drive business to you. However if you are doing other things to attract business a billboard will improve your brand awareness and make the other stuff more affective.

An example would be if you do google adwords. When someone looks on the internet for a cleaning service it does make it hard for them to trust a company on the www. So by having my billboards up the customers have been saying stuff like, I have been seeing your trucks.

Having three trucks in a city of 100k means that they probably don't see my trucks that often but seeing the billboard with my van on it does sink in after a while.

So in short, you need to start with the low hanging fruit, direct mail and other stuff. Then as your budget allows the next step is brand awareness by billboards, tv, and radio

G Taylor

Name
Gary Taylor
I have used them the past two years from April to October. One board a month, and I have a rotation betrween six locations. They are small, I call them entry level. I use them more for name recognition. I have fun with them, and sometimes make postcards of the same image to mail out. Try to tie it all together. Mine run 150.00 per month, and 55.00 paper charge. If nothing else it gets me thinking of fun ideas. And I have had calls directly from people seeing the boards.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
JR;

My answer is directed toward those who have "limited funds"; which I would have to assume are the majority of small operators in this Industry.

The best investment is acquiring a "Professional" Truck Wrap. Why? Because your truck is a ----BILL-BOARD on Wheels, and potential customers will see it here, there, and everywhere. Can't beat that IMHO because the initial cost is peanuts to the long term payoff in terms of dividends.

Great question.

Ed Valentine
cross-American.com

Reactions: Beeks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom