biggest problem is collections

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I need to get some of these deadbeats to pay faster. My residential is great cash flow but the commercial is getting out of hand

hogjowl

Idiot™
Re: looking around my biggest problem was collections, you guys

Listen man ... relax and don't try so hard. Just be yourself and eventually ...

You'll come up with something interesting to talk about.

Able 1

Name
Keith

Having issues with that myself winter is a good time to be in court though :roll: :evil:

Keith

Bob Foster

Delinquent Account Remediation Processing Equipment

BillyClub8oz.jpg

PersonalizedBaseballBat1.jpg

nutcrackers.jpg

wirecutters.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith

I think I need that Jessy James tat on my hand!

Keith

TimP

Corporations are the worst. I've done 2 corporate banks....1 took 6 months....1 took 3 months. The good news is that I got paid the sad news is that it takes for ever. I did a smaller bank and they paid in house within 1-2 weeks.

I had a movie gallery call for a price....they told me their budget. I went a measured and encap for them was double their budget. Needless to say it never got done. Corporations rarely see the value in cleaning and if they do rarely come up with cash to pay in a timely matter.

I have yet to clean for the first bank again and am not in any hurry to try to get them to clean again as it was way too much work to fight to get paid. The second I may again but I'll be going up and adding a fee or maybe terms to it to get them to pay in 30 days as I believe that's how they are used to being billed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"non" payers are very rare for us too, Doug

However, over the last couple years, SLOW payers have been numerous and risen sharply.
These are all regular long time accounts too

..L.T.A.

Gary T

I have used Dunn and Bradstreet to collect from slow/no pay corporate accounts. I have not had to collect on many but it worked great. I have not actually gotten to the point of their collection service as of yet. D&B is the main credit reporting agency for business'. And just the mention of them reporting non pay or slow pay got me checks within days of the deadbeats receiving my letters.

Might be worth looking into. www.dnb.com

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i got a bounced check while back...$44.95......i call her...she PLEADS for me to "wait a week"......
So i call in a week and she turns on the attitude.....at me!

I GUESS she don know me....at all!

I sED something about making her a lifelong hobby......before she hung up!

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Ive had two bounced checks this year and have had to bug another that Im still waiting for.
The one paid us, the other will pay cash wed. with 50 added to bill- she was crying on the phone scary stuff

Mike Draper

Whenever I send out an invoice to a corporation I put a nice fat disclaimer at the bottom........it says our business runs on us getting paid on time just like your business does. I charge lots of interest and huge late fees after 30 days. If they refuse to pay, they will pay for all collections and attorney s, court fees etc..... I circle this with neon marker before it goes in the envelope. Always works.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have only had one customer pay late, and i just kept sending them the freindly reminder letter every 2 days (just to let you know that you have 1 outstanding invoice for $xxx.xx) and i send a copy of the invoice with a giant "Overdue" written in a giant red sharpy marker on it, and suddenly i got a check in the mail. wha who.....

i hate having to call people to collect money, just makes me mad.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
been screwed for $75.00 a long time ago and a big forclosure cleaning bill that took a year to pay.

Other than that? No problems.

Just call and talk to them...seems to work better than sending another invoice.

Once they figure that you are not a big Corporate account yourself, then they might pay.

G

I always call corporate accounting office I am billing; put attention to person in accounts payable on front of envelope that handles those type of accounts; never had a problem except a locally owned sports club. But as soon as I called doctors office asking for the owner(a well known doctor here) the next day I got a call from manager asking for the key and she had my check.

Use county tax records to approach owners; that seems to get results.

RandyHilburn

I hate collection too, but its just part of business. Work it hard. Collecting the money is as important as cleaning the carpet!

On past due invoices (older than 90 days) our attorney will write a letter and charge our late paying customer for his time. His fee is $250. Talk to your attorney and see if he'll work with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom