Best way to aquire testimonials ?

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Those of you with alot of feedback.
What is the best approach to getting your customer to leave feedback on the web : Google, Bing, Yahoo ?
I have hundreds of customers, but getting them to email or rate me on the web is like pulling teeth.

Thank
Jerry

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ask for their emails....always...and make sure their up to date for repeats.

Email them a thank you with a link to the desired review site.

Works really well.

It's hard to ask over the phone.....Make it easy for them.

The hardest thing is when they have to sign up...even Google does this...so they may lose interest...but if you do this with every customer...you get a decent % of them.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jerry,

We just sent this out in a QuickTIP a couple of weeks ago. (Brian as usual grabbed it for his own.) :)

"In your initial phone conversation booking the job explain that you always check back with your clients to make sure the job was perfect. Then ask your customer if they would prefer their “Quality Check” call verbally over the phone OR in a follow-up e-mail. (Customers love having options and choices.)

Now if the home owner chooses the online option your Quality Check e-mail should discreetly mention, “I depend on my delighted customer’s word-of-mouth advertising. So if you would like to “super charge” your recommendation you can click on any (or all) of these links …”

Then include active links to Google, Yelp, Angies List, Judy’s Book, Bing, Insider, Citysearch, Kudzu, Yahoo, Merchant Circle or other social networking/ consumer feedback sites popular in your area. (At the close of your QC e-mail be sure to thank your customer “in advance” for their support!) Now you have “made it easy” for a delighted client to give you a great review!"

Here is the link to the complete tip:

http://sfs.jondon.com/8036/resources/qu ... ng-reviews

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Obviously all of the above assumes you are doing a great job and giving even better customer service.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Jerry - If it is referral business you are striving for - call me. If it is only testimonials you want then you've got some good advise above.

CDRX

Only a fraction of those asked seem to take the time to go online to give a review. Some good ideas here though.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
CDRX said:
Only a fraction of those asked seem to take the time to go online to give a review. Some good ideas here though.
Yes, but if you can bump that "fraction" up by even a little bit it will be worth it. How to do it? 3 steps:

1. Blow them away with your good work and even better personality.
2. Tactfully remind them of how important online reviews are and "if you are feeling generous" ...
3. Make it easy by emailing them the links as part of your personal thank you note.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Positive online reviews, consistent SEO and a great website are the three "great equalizers" that allow the little guy to not only compete with but actually beat the big boys at their own game.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
after they expound on how great you are ask them. That simple ask and let them know you are a referal business

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
2 other tips I use. Have a card with simple instruction on leaving an online review that they place by their computer. Or you can give them a discount or some other perk for leaving a discount while you service their home (Previous clients this can piss off some new clients).

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so you kinda pressure and beg them for reviews Dave? Do you follow up with why didn't ou leave a review

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom