Best pictures to use on a marketing piece??

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I am getting some door hangers done for a 5 around campaign and am working on a design.

It seems most have the gratuitous picture of a dog or baby on a piece of carpet. I have always though they were kind of dumb and meaningless. Kind of like keeping the stock photo in a new picture frame.

In the past when I have done flyers I have put a picture of myself on it, not because of any ego thing, but because I like to know who I am doing business with and I assume my customers think the same way.

It has occurred to me recently that my customers are woman and I am not. Maybe woman like the picture of baby and pets more then a picture of the person they will be doing business with.

Are they any marketing studies or real world experiences anyone would like to share on which type of pictures are better?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Don't use a pic of just your van or equipment.

Use yourself, your wife, your kids and pets. Even employees if you have them.

We update our photo every year to two. People LOVE seeing the kids and watching the family grow. Get comments on that all the time. People who say they "chose" us because of the family or how much the love the family photo.

You are right...women are who you need to make sure the ad appeals to. Get them with the "awwwww" factor, which is usually kids and animals.
2013 Family Van small.jpg

Reactions: Joe Appleby

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Here is how we used in in a print ad...

But we have used it on post cards too, and they are smaller than door hanger.

Attachments

• Burdicks_Best of 2014 Ad.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 260
Reactions: Art Kelley

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Basically marketing is driven by emotions. Babies and puppies elicit the aw's from your typical female customer. Family pictures such as Meg's works for both the emotional aspect and the fact that many people like working with families.

Keep in mind that you are not your customer so it doesn't matter if you like it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Basically marketing is driven by emotions. Babies and puppies elicit the aw's from your typical female customer. Family pictures such as Meg's works for both the emotional aspect and the fact that many people like working with families.

Keep in mind that you are not your customer so it doesn't matter if you like it.
But Bill you forgot to mention the fugly. I mean we are carpet cleaners, if we were good looking we be selling insurance. :winky:

Reactions: Connor

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Ultimately we should be tying it into an overall theme or story we are telling.

Just dropping pics of babies in of itself will do nothing.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Every time I go to pull this ad from somewhere....

I keep hearing from our locals how much they love this ad....

So, I end up keeping it until we can get something as creative put together to replace it....

I have others, but this one gets the most comments back to us...

Tough on dirt.png

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Quit bitchin. All we know about MY first ancestor is that he was theown out of the herd for taking too many banana breaks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom