BBB: for us or against us?

Becker

Name
Becker
We had a valid complaint with a company that was a member of the BBB.

We went though the channels of the BBB.

In the end the BBB said the company did all they could do for us, and washed their hands of the case.

I wonder if the fact that the company in question had 7 locations and about 100 employee ( $$$$$$$$ BBS fees ) had anything to do with it.

We contested the charge on our Visa. Told the company we would see them in small claim if they pushed the issue. They did not.

BBB makes me laugh.

I was also approved for membership only a month after opening up for business. They said my complaint free record qualified me.

I then got tag teamed by 2 sales people. I think they were used cars sales men by night.

R

R W

We had a complaint against our screenprint company from some local yokel that wasn't happy with "our" interpretation of the Puerto Rican flag. It was for a pool team.....maybe 12-15 shirts. He loved everything else on the shirts, but didn't like the flag. Along the way, he had called and changed his mind on colors and style 4 or 5 times. I gave him the shirts for no charge, and he filed a complaint with the BBB, wanting a refund and new shirts. I sent a detailed report to the BBB of what a PITA this guy was. (He had priced out a bunch of other shops, and they all turned him down). The BBB agreed with me since I didn't charge him anything........
they closed the case in my favor.

They will GENERALLY side with the business. The customer isn't always right.....

Chris A

Name
Chris
We've never been members, really only because the only CC's in my area displaying the BBB logo are bait n switch hacks ( like real, $9.95 bait n switch hacks). I rarely see an average or even really good cleaner display it, just the bottom of the barrel.

-JB-

Name
JB
BBB is nothing more than a self-perpetuating organization, it's just unfortunate that consumers buy into their rhetoric!

Simple question, who pays the BBB? The consumer? NO!

Is it really that hard to figure out WHO their going to side with 99.9% of the time?

John Buxton

got a buddy in the hvac field that just told a prospective customer that he didnt service his area. The guy got all pissed and called the BBB who took away his "Complaint Free" certificate.

I'm complaint free for 15 years but then again I dont have many customers.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
BBB is not all that great for the consumer IMO. Angies List, from what I've experienced, really tries to look out for the consumer.

brite n clean

I filed a complaint with the BBB about a company that ripped me off, and they said the company was fine and I was the only complaint, and I got what I paid for. One year later I got a full refund , over $300.00 ordered by the United States Atty. General because someone had the gonads to file a class action suit against the scum bags who ripped me off. Since then I've had no use for the BBB.

steve r

like most organizations they are out for themselves under the guise of helping others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom