Bartering Companies

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
any1 else a member of a Barter company, and is exchanging your services for other companies products / services in your area?

i would stay a member, because it has been nice eating for "free" the past few months.

but mine has the deal where after the initial 6 months they charge you certain cash percentages each month just for being a member....i'm not down with that.

i can live with the fact that they charge me 6% cash for every job they send my way, and 6% cash on everything i "buy" from other members...

the monthly cash "fees" start after these 6 months so i am dropping it.

does this work well for any1 else? should i reconsider dropping them??

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Kinda of defeats the entire purpose of the barter system.. You both have something the other wants/needs and is willing to find equal value for each service/product in exchange. I would understand membership dues in order to advertise a business relationship group such as this but I think it should be non profit and not skimming a profit off the bartered service.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I barter whenever I can. Not that often though.

Heard of a bartering system in BC where you bought in for so many points, then you would purchase someones service and be charged so many points, you would be hired and would earn so many points, etc. Basically, they were using points rather than dollars. You just had to find what you needed within the circle of members.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My neighbor was heavily into it. the problem was when he had the exact same job done to enclose his shower he paid twice as much in points as i did in cash. it turns out everybody in the barter club just about doubled their prices for the club. .it did work out well for him with companies that had fixed prices. i think he said they had a cruise line in the club.

Gene

leesenter

I am a member of four barter networks.
The value on the barter lies in your ability to spend the money.
If the exchange you are on has a bunch of scammers on it who double their prices, then I would say its not worth it.
Be careful in negotiating.
As for monthly fees its usually just $10.00 a month.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I trade out with my CPA and others depending on how much we need eachother's service.

It can work really well as long as you don't have to try to hard to make it work.

I have to have a CPA and she has to have ccing for her rentals. Works.

C

clean image

i'm bardering computer tech guy for flattening an finishing his travertine

he's good, masters and all that, his rate is 100 an hour

good deal for both of us

carl

A

Axeman

Am I right in thinking one of the main advantages is you cut the IRS our of the deal?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've bartered for some tires and work on the truck. I still include my invoice for carpet cleaning in my accounts. It keeps a record of what I've done there. It also allows me to write off the cost of the auto work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom