Badger email

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I could not belive that I recieved an e-mail with the title heading AMBER ALERT for a rug!!!
Unscribed to the site and do not intend to return or allow any e-mails from them again.
The lack of sensitivity to the term, its use today and the cause of the law is unbelievable.

Reactions: Shorty

Avallone

Name
Patrick Avallone
It may have been a little over the top although most effective marketing is. Last I knew of I have never seen aber alerts through email so not sure its effecting any current laws also I would gather if you got the email your a cleaner not just joe public. With that said could they have done it differently sure but would that have gotton any attention to the fact that rugs also get stolen and maybe we should have a way to make cleaners aware if the see it to report it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for bringing this term: "AMBER ALERT" to my attention.

I have never heard of it before.

After doing a quick check I found this:

"AMBER is officially a acronym for "America's Missing: Broadcasting Emergency Response" but was originally named for Amber Hagerman, a 9-year-old child who was abducted and murdered in Arlington, Texas in 1996".

I believe it is a wonderful initiative and applaud it.

Far too many children (and adults), are abducted by sick predators throughout the (civilised ?) world, rarely to be seen again by their loved ones.

To the person that used this pitch to gain awareness of something for other than the serious purpose of such an alert, that is about as low as one can get.

If that email generated from a salesperson on Vancouver Island, BC; then it does not surprise me.

He's probably also put it on his Facebook page, as that's where he gets most of his business from, (so he told me a couple of years ago BEFORE I resigned as a moderator & participator on HIS forum).

Shortydownunder

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom