Backlinks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is how you want to get links to your site

Carpet Cleaning Roseville CA

The keywords are the anchor text and it's linked to my site in Roseville CA

2 or 3 good ones are all it takes to get noticed...But with high competition comes higher need.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Brian R said:
I now see by our signature line that you already knew that. :oops:

Maybe it helped someone. lol

After I Googled it, I read about that. So I figured out how to do it. I just changed it a little while ago.
I was going to delete the thread after I Googled it, but I figured someone else could use the info too.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
It looks like you're ranking well for most of it for yahoo and bing. Just so you know Yahoo and Bing recently merged. Make sure you've submitted your website/sitemap to both bing and google so that the search engines recognize it and will begin crawling your site.

Since Boise is a big city, you're most likely going to have to put more SEO work into that city than the other areas.

charles.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
Brian R said:

2 or 3 good ones are all it takes to get noticed...But with high competition comes higher need.

Actually you want a mixture of non anchor (just the url) and anchor .......

also the anchors should be varied.........it should be both varied based on your keywords (carpet cleaning boise, carpet cleaners boise, boise carpet cleaners, best carpet cleaners boise, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning....etc) a certain percentage should carry NON keyword anchors....like your name

this build a more natural link profile.....more important when building massive amounts. Especially in situations where those are built over a short period of time.

How many are needed? Much more than 2 or 3......but not that many in your case....the local competitor (nampafloor) in your area with the most has ~3000 with about 600 referring domains. I frequently go up against competitors with 100s of thousands.Companies that have been building forever cause they realized this whole interweb thing might catch on.........or they are using someone to build them

What do they do? Depends on the search engine but we know google rules. Instead of the way many older and some current search engines work google uses what is found on the web (backlinks) rather than what is on your site to rank the site. In essence it is a popularity contest. If all onsite factors are the "same" between two sites the one with the most backlinks wins. That is where the phrase : 10% onsite 90% off comes from.............

Well, I say the one with the most wins but not all backlinks are equal. Each has a different value. Are they from a high PR domain? Are they all from the same domain (Your sig on Mikeys)? Is it from a relevant site? EDU or GOV? Social sites? blog comments? Directories? Articles ? Follow or NoFollow?

still....in the end 101 pennies is worth more than a dollar.......and a ton of shitty links can outrank a site with a respectable amount of quality links......but the best long term approach is to build higher quality backlinks.

by all means.... keep creating backlinks but at this point, after checking them out, I suggest you work on your site and places listing.

Learn about onsite factors....cause if they aren't there your backlinking campaign may be in vain. Your site looks like a placeholder for a hosting company....or some of my adsense sites

on the places listing....Looks like you have 12 reviews......GREAT work....but you haven't uploaded one pic? No videos?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Hoody said:
It looks like you're ranking well for most of it for yahoo and bing. Just so you know Yahoo and Bing recently merged. Make sure you've submitted your website/sitemap to both bing and google so that the search engines recognize it and will begin crawling your site.

Since Boise is a big city, you're most likely going to have to put more SEO work into that city than the other areas.

charles.jpg

Boise is not really a target area. Eagle and Meridian is where the money is. If I come up in a Boise search, cool, but I would rather focus on the others. Thanks for the screen shot, that is some great info on there.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
FredC said:
Brian R said:

Actually you want a mixture of non anchor (just the url) and anchor .......

also the anchors should be varied.........it should be both varied based on your keywords (carpet cleaning boise, carpet cleaners boise, boise carpet cleaners, best carpet cleaners boise, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning....etc) a certain percentage should carry NON keyword anchors....like your name

this build a more natural link profile.....more important when building massive amounts. Especially in situations where those are built over a short period of time.

How many are needed? Much more than 2 or 3......but not that many in your case....the local competitor (nampafloor) in your area with the most has ~3000 with about 600 referring domains. I frequently go up against competitors with 100s of thousands.Companies that have been building forever cause they realized this whole interweb thing might catch on.........or they are using someone to build them

What do they do? Depends on the search engine but we know google rules. Instead of the way many older and some current search engines work google uses what is found on the web (backlinks) rather than what is on your site to rank the site. In essence it is a popularity contest. If all onsite factors are the "same" between two sites the one with the most backlinks wins. That is where the phrase : 10% onsite 90% off comes from.............

Well, I say the one with the most wins but not all backlinks are equal. Each has a different value. Are they from a high PR domain? Are they all from the same domain (Your sig on Mikeys)? Is it from a relevant site? EDU or GOV? Social sites? blog comments? Directories? Articles ? Follow or NoFollow?

still....in the end 101 pennies is worth more than a dollar.......and a ton of shitty links can outrank a site with a respectable amount of quality links......but the best long term approach is to build higher quality backlinks.

by all means.... keep creating backlinks but at this point, after checking them out, I suggest you work on your site and places listing.

Learn about onsite factors....cause if they aren't there your backlinking campaign may be in vain. Your site looks like a placeholder for a hosting company....or some of my adsense sites

on the places listing....Looks like you have 12 reviews......GREAT work....but you haven't uploaded one pic? No videos?

Most of my links are coming from here. I have a lot elsewhere too.
I will work on the Google place, I always forget to get videos when I'm working. I will add some pics this weekend. Google places gets me most of my calls.
Thanks for your input. That is a lot of info, almost gave me a brain cramp.

FredC

Village Idiot
If you don't have vids do like Brian does. Use windows movie maker and turn the pics into movies.
or use a service like animoto.com to make them

upload them to youtube and put those on the places listing
search for how to optimize youtube videoa....but the basics are name the file with keywords, keywords in the title, keywords in description as well as a standard link. After its published...use the geotag feature.

Also upload them to other video services. Varying the titles and description...and if possible the vid istelf so it isn't duplicate content.

As far as I know there are 5500! MikeysBoard users if we all exchange links we can outlink the blackhat competition easily :) By getting links from relevant sites such as your competitor in a different city works pretty well.

Instead of giving reciprocal links you can give me a link and I can give you a link from one of my other sites. I'm sure most of you have more than one site you own.

Below is my html link put it in the footer of your website, email me and I will put it in the footer of my other sites and let you know when its up and running. Email me at pacy(at)samedaycarpetcare.com with your requested html link and I will be get you a link from my other site which isn't the prettiest site but it ranks which is http://www.sdcarpetcare.net. I want to build link juice to both of my sites so I would like from you to link to either site and I will link back from the opposite one.

You can link to one or all of these and I will do the same, lets try to do this so that the footer of our sites don't look spammy.
La Jolla Carpet Cleaning
La Jolla Carpet Cleaning
La Jolla Carpet Cleaning
La Jolla Carpet Cleaning

if you would like to link to me from a blog that would work too

If you know of any place where we can get juicy links from please share

G

SameDayCarpetCare said:
As far as I know there are 5500! MikeysBoard users if we all exchange links we can outlink the blackhat competition easily :
lol................... :roll:

FredC

Village Idiot
an additional LOL.....for whoever doesn't have enough work in the morn that they have time to be up late and re-delete my original accounts....pm me your address and I'll send you some ramen or mac'n cheese so you can survive the winter

and one more for "pacy"....god help you if that was a BH link plan....and 250 BLs....seriously...wtf

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
[quote :lol: ="Brian R"]I now see by our signature line that you already knew that. :oops:

Maybe it helped someone. lol[/quote]
It helped me :lol:

Name
I'm Rick James
So how does my website rank up to others in my area? Anything I can do to get it more exposure?

jgalves

Just don't get caught up in networks like high pr society or bmr as google has pretty much shut em down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom