Are you a member of your online community?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not your business but YOU?

or your wife?

I know @PrimaDonna knows how to do it.

But let me give you a clue..

On Facebook join hobby groups, community blogs and the local news and weather sites.

Post up interesting threads and photos, "like" peoples posts, comment when you have something of interest to add, be a good neighbor and let the others know when a stray dog shows up on your property or you have something to give away or you have a scoop on some real news and so forth.

Don't fake it, don't spam, don't over do it..

use your company logo as your avatar but try to never speak of your business. If somebody gives you kudos be humble and just smile.

Today one of my photos was chosen as the group header photo for a photography group I'm in.

I was very honored as there are some really good professionals in the group.

dce.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Our "community pages" have been great. I've got people even tagging us when someone has cleaning needs, talking about how great The Clean Machine is!

Small town living is all about community. That's why most of us live in a small town. It's amazing how much we have in common with our "neighbors".

Well played Mike!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I was in your neck of the woods this weekend Mike. I only had a limited time down there since family was visiting for Mother's Day. I went into Jethros and talked to one of the bartenders for a while. Brought up how nasty that tile flooring is. You should check it out. You could kill it. The owner is one of my friends, friends, Dusty. Talk to him.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Not your business but YOU?

On Facebook join hobby groups, community blogs and the local news and weather sites.

Post up interesting threads and photos, "like" peoples posts, comment when you have something of interest to add, be a good neighbor and let the others know when a stray dog shows up on your property or you have something to give away or you have a scoop on some real news and so forth.

use your company logo as your avatar but try to never speak of your business. If somebody gives you kudos be humble and just smile.
Please clarify. Are you suggesting people make a separate facebook profile for their business that's not a business page and post in the interest of the business, or do you mean just use your personal page to further your business's ambitions?

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Please clarify. Are you suggesting people make a separate facebook profile for their business that's not a business page and post in the interest of the business, or do you mean just use your personal page to further your business's ambitions?

Set up a business account. Set up your business page from the business account. You can only troll as your account. I have a top post link on my official business account directing people to my business page. The business account is not really an active page.

This March I started trolling the local community as my business. Joined lots of local groups and such. Posting only nice guy stuff occasionally and never promoting my business (yet). I do jump on promoting other businesses that I know about.

I usually get a few recommendations when someone asks for a local carpet cleaner. A post popped up where several other carpet cleaners were listed, but my fans must have been asleep.

I simply posted "I know a local guy..."

Booked 2 jobs just for that line. Yes humble works.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Well look at you....you little marketing fool you..... But are ya retired or just striking the match in another area?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Mom groups like "whatever town moms" are fantastic. Example: If you lived in AZ, I'd search for Scottsdale moms.

If one lady in these groups starts recommending or posts when someone asks... It can lead to lots of jobs! Really...

Oh, I saw you on the santa fa moms page.

Reactions: Able 1

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Hmm I should stop talking about donald trump and professional my page out a little better. I've got a few jobs from yard sale groups when people ask for a cleaner someone recommends me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom