Are the manufacturers ever gonna stop making and selling overpriced, underperforming tools?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
yeah I'm referring to you butler and pmf

all upholstery tools need a MINIMUM 15FT HOSE! And the jet needs to be INTERNAL.

As for PMF, air leakage is embarrassing

And for all the plastic tools...good luck on cleaning neglected fabric efficiently

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

all upholstery tools need a MINIMUM 15FT HOSE! And the jet needs to be INTERNAL.

And for all the plastic tools...good luck on cleaning neglected fabric efficiently
I don't have any substantial air leakage with my PMF tools. 6 foot hose is all you need.

Mikey P

Administrator

Are you saying you don't feel that the sapphire or rotovac clear headed tools clean filthy fabric?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't have any substantial air leakage with my PMF tools. 6 foot hose is all you need.
your pmf is probably the older version, which is one of my tools also.
I recently purchased 2 of them:
internal water valve leaked air terribly
external valve/internal jet leaked air more than my older version

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
after getting that stupid email from butler today, I just thought I needed to fuss a little about these tools

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dayum, Son
who pee'd in your cherios this mourning

it's just a marketing ad
Butlers gotta eat too

1704408349509.png

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oh great, he ordered a Glide for it.

:laura:

Now I'm going to hear about how it doesn't automatically groom the fibers for you and there's no window or swivel or rust removing dispenser for those little pain in the butt buttons...
Jim told me to

that tool has rarely been used because of how it performs. Im hoping that glide will give me a reason to use it

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Oh great, he ordered a Glide for it.

:laura:

Now I'm going to hear about how it doesn't automatically groom the fibers for you and there's no window or swivel or rust removing dispenser for those little pain in the butt buttons...

Try to do a guy a favor....🙄

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
IM actually glad you ordered it Matt.

PC stopped making those a while back and Butler RECENTLY found someone else to cast them for them.

I'll be shocked if the Glide even fits..
I’ll let you know if it fits good. From Jim’s advice, it should be my new gentle fiber tool after the glide and holes are set

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
Worse than one damn Wahine..

And lets see how long before he bitches about how heavy it is or the over spray from it.. I'd take a Hydrokentic over the PC upholstery tool any day..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Worse than one damn Wahine..

And lets see how long before he bitches about how heavy it is or the over spray from it.. I'd take a Hydrokentic over the PC upholstery tool any day..
Hydrokentic???

never heard of it. Do you have a link? I might get it if you say it's good.

Like I said prior, I bought this pr tool 4 years ago. Id like to make it work

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
When I was creating my business model I did it with the hope of franchising it.
But then I discovered I would have to deal with carpet cleaners on a daily basis.
I quickly decided to end that dream for peace of mind.
I have extreme sympathy for manufacturers and suppliers. dealing with their customers must be a nightmare.:stir:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When I was creating my business model I did it with the hope of franchising it.
But then I discovered I would have to deal with carpet cleaners on a daily basis.
I quickly decided to end that dream for peace of mind.
I have extreme sympathy for manufacturers and suppliers. dealing with their customers must be a nightmare.:stir:

When I was pretty young, my father explained to me that most small businessmen were in business because they were unemployable.

Over the decades, I've met some unpleasant cleaners. In the long run, though, people with bad personalities don't last long in the service business. There are some odd sorts, but they can be entertaining in a way if they are dealt with compassionately and with a sense of humor.

I'd not be in this industry as long as I have, and as long as I plan to be, if 99% of my customers weren't such terrific people.

To be fair, selling expensive stuff keeps the quality of businessmen I do business with at a bit of a higher level

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Those words get thrown around very quickly around here.

There's a difference between using a product improperly and using a product that's incomplete.

pmf and that prochem tool are two perfect examples.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Manufacturers have different levels of quality and price points to meet customers demands and preferences.

CCers want the highest quality products at the lowest unsustainable price. This is why so many are consolidating or closing.

Like Jim said-- we own carpet cleaning companies because we are unemployable. we are too stubborn, and strong headed, even if that means creating Our Own headaches, to take orders from a boss.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Price has never been my concern. But, when I spend good money on a tool and it doesn't provide good ROI, that's where the problem rises, whether we are unemployable or not.

Ive got a brand new pmf tile wand if anyone wants it,

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
@BIG WOOD Thank you for your review.
i have a bunch of "failed" products in my boneyard. And some I've sold and ended up regretting it later. MB tool dejur has enticed me often to buy the latest must have.. only to be placed in the boneyard for a bit.. However, some tools are game changers and that's why I'll buy them.
I find it odd you don't like the SS upholstery tool. I just love the new clear plastic head. a big improvement over the previous version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom