Anyone use tabs in Yellow Pages??? Take the test...

My YP rep says it's the best thing since sliced bread but I did a test on a few folks.
Try this, I did and no one picked the tab! I asked them to look up a heading (like plumbing) and pick a company. The tab (full page,full color)gets you to the top of the heading but the folks I tried it on they went right past and picked out a full page regular ad. So what gives, the numbers they show you are impressive (with dummy numbers metered) and everyone who had them last year (the 1st yr offered) is renewing. So how about you guys. Are the tabs effective???
Thanks,Rob.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
IMHO unless you are a big, multi-truck co. or a floodsucker, YP ads are not worth the money.

Personally if I am forced to look for a company in the YP's, I go to the smallest (biz card size, or in-column) ads, Why? I figure the co's with the big ads are paying too much for advertising and are either big and impersonal, or are not good and must advertise heavily to replace customers lost. The smallest ads tell me it's likely a small O/O type company that doesn't need to rely on expensive YP ads because they have a solid client base.

I'd never even consider a company paying for a tab.

....but hey, I'm kinda weird.

Take care,
Lisa

Al

We get YP calls all the time?

we would be hurting if we didn't have those calls coming in.

We seem to get more YP calls than ever actually? I think Dries In Minutes had allot to do with that.

Or could it be that so many are pulling out of YP because of the internet, that there are less cleaners to choose from, for those that still let their fingers do the walking.

What ever the reason YP works here!

danpauselius

In my area, the tabs are folded inside the book when it's delivered. You have to hope that the prospect is anal retentive enough to pull all the tabs out of the inside of the book. I'm pretty detail oriented and I only pull one out every now and then.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Not sure what the tabs are but YP seem to work here as well. I think though the internet is getting very big for business, it still can be a pain finding a cleaner. Do a search for your city for carpet cleaning. You'll find a lot of the links are actually directories to other cleaners. I've had a few customers tell me that they just gave up and grabbed the phone book. With that said I'm still putting time into getting in the first page of a natural search. Why, because it's FREE. YP around here is very expensive.

Albert

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Hell yeah, that's the way a lot here should be advertising.

Hot Water Extraction done right
State of the Art technology allows us to deep clean your carpets and have them dry in no time.....GUARANTEED
No Residue, Safe and Non-Toxic cleaners.
Recommended by Carpet Manufacturers.

I have it all planned out in case I ever go to the dark side :lol:

Albert

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Al was the first to follow me to the dark side with dries in minutes, now there are 4 of us, soon to be 2 more.
People around us should be afraid... very afraid...we offer what others fear...
True Restorative Steam Carpet Cleaning done right
State of the Art technology allows us to deep clean your carpets and have them dry in minutes.....GUARANTEED
No Residue, Safe and Non-Toxic cleaners.
IICRC Certified Technicians
Proven results backed by decades of experience
Up front pricing, no bait & switch

Albert follow us to the dark side, its a blast! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom