Anyone have anything like this happen?

Bill C.

Name
Bill C.
Got called by a gentleman on cleaning his trashed carpet. Gave him a bid and got the job. The morning of the cleaning I show up and his wife runs out of the house telling me how she tried so hard to get ahold of me because she hired another cleaner to do the carpet even though the husband wanted me. Thirty seconds later my competition shows up with a shit eating grin on his face watching me back out of the driveway. While I was driving away I passed and was stopped by the man who hired me and he was apologizing like crazy saying that his wife had to have her way. They were still billed for my fuel. I'm sure my competitions ego was a tad bigger that day!!

Mikey P

Administrator
yikes.

so how many scenarios did you run through your mind over "Why'?

Was he better looking?

Bigger Truckmount?

Cheaper?

Able to offer more additional services for one stop shopping?

Referred by a dear friend or relative who just swears he is Jesus incarnate?

Greener than you?

More/better online reviews?

Didn't stare at pics of the hot daughter on the fridge quite as long as you did?

Had a Joe Polish Hot Line?

Wore a neck tie to the interview?

Used a digital measuring device and you walked it off?

Per room and you're a square footer or vice verse?

Written estimate was more professional in appearance?

Has a fish on his web site?

or member in her church?

Actually HAS a website? (not sure if you do)

Has puppies and or kittens on his advertisements and you have pics of your van?

He or or his wife gave better phone?

He wore booties for the estimate?

or?

Bill C.

Name
Bill C.
Only because his add in the yellow pages says guaranteed or its free!! That's why he doesn't clean totally trashed rentals or nasty greasy Chinese rest. because he would be giving a lot of free cleanings. The carpet must not had been that bad or it would have been free also!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It could be this isn't a job you would have wanted. If they have so little respect for others to do this sort of thing, imagine what level of expectations might now exist for the fellow who guaranteed their happiness with the work or its free?

Maybe Wife figured out a way to get a free cleaning job out of the guy.

It doesn't take the financial loss or anger away, but in the end, I think this is a customer not worth having.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
This and 101 other reasons are why we require e-mailed job confirmations or cc's be left to reserve an appointment slot.

Cancellation policies allow for no cost cancel / resched requests >48 hrs out, $25 < 48hrs, $50 < 24hrs, $75 trip fee if we drive there and its cancelled or no showed.

Cancels and no shows have dropped by 98% since employed.

9/10 that complain about the policy are in areas we really don't care to service but do as filler jobs (city wide ads have to go city wide)
100% of the time when we have flexed on those policies and allowed a free resched - custy would no show or resched a second time.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Didn't stare at pics of the hot daughter on the fridge quite as long as you did?

Had a Joe Polish Hot Line?

Wore a neck tie to the interview?

Has a fish on his web site?

Has puppies and or kittens on his advertisements and you have pics of your van?

:clap:

mcatt

Name
Mike
That sucks! I have not had that happen yet. Only getting underbid on commercial and apt jobs I don't want anyway for that cheap

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have had it happen but not with that close of timing. She sounds like a problem. My wife, nor I would do that to someone.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've had people call me a day or so before, even that morning, wife saying the husband booked but forgot to tell her etc etc. I often wonder if they talk

I would have waved to the guy with a little salute, saying Good Luck!! Depending on who it is, I just might be back.
You just might get called back. Would you go if you were?

steve_64

without hesitation i would. i would then own them. they are easy to make lifetime customers when the call you back later.

i love it when they come back!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Most low quality products and services are backed by a guarantee look at Walmart.
Prominently advertising a guarantee will not win high end customers.

Last edited:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Better to get paid for mileage than to get a call back to reclean and then get asked for a refund.

Rick

Edit: Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
WoW, U went to a job that was booked gotz rejected in the drive then done passed trucks on the road and still collected a fee do what......
will you be my friend dude?

Woof...I hope your day was full of weird but funny stuff and you have laughed your ass off about this. I have and will if it happens to me

Kinda was thinking along the lines of JP up there, but then again if your low on milk and cookies, well your low on milk and cookies.
Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom