Anyone else have a bulk mail permit?

Becker

Name
Becker
In the area of a 50% savings on mailings.

Current postcard rate 1st class 4x9 .43

Bulk rate postcard standard 4x9 .189-.20

Becker

Name
Becker
why not?

I'm not talking about a postage meter. Like Pitney Bowes. ( I had one of those, any savings was eaten up in ink )

I'm talking about a standard rate postage permit.

My postcards come preprinted with a box where the stamp would go.
SEZ:

PRSRT STD
US POSTAGE
PAID
SPOKANE WA
PERMIT NO ***

topnotchman

I have access to a bulk mailing permit, through my Chamber Of Commerce Membership, haven't used it yet though!

dgargan

There is a lot more to it than just having the permit. You have a lot of work to do to get that rate and get the discount. It's very confusing. They actually have a class on it. Enless you planning on thousands every month and do all the prep work for the post office it's not worth it.

Becker

Name
Becker
There is a lot more to it than just having the permit. You have a lot of work to do to get that rate and get the discount. It's very confusing. They actually have a class on it. Enless you planning on thousands every month and do all the prep work for the post office it's not worth it.

I hear ya,

I'm going to the class soon.

Lots and lots of rules, and limits, and requirements.

I plan on sending 1000 per week to start, see how it goes.

I will more than likely keep it easy, complete rural route mailings.

Not a lot required

Postal Customer
Postman drops one at every stop.

Things are starting to roll here, booked 2 jobs today!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yep, a couple or so of them for in and outbound mail. It can be confusining for outbound so if you don;t do a ton of it you can pay a service to do it and still save some.

Name
Ron lippold
becker bulk mail can eat you up because its door to door and unless you get real specific with your neighborhoods lots of renter and apts and unqualified clients be careful

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ron

Bulk mail does not mean door to door, it is simply a postal discount method that can be used to send a high volume of mail at a reduced cost if sorted by postal guidelines. There is also bus reply that we also have that allows prepaid return pieces to be sent out that is paid for by the sender (us) as it is returned.

Ken

Lora Olson

There are all different types of bulk mail possible, presorted, rural routs, specific lists, your own customer lists, standard and first class.

Guaranteed easier way to do this, and just as cheap, is to go to your local mail house, or quick printer, who does bulk mail and use their services. Permits are $150 per year for each different types (they charge different amounts for standard and first class, but last I checked you had to pay for each). Most mail houses will let you use their permits for free.

Limits are 200 and 500...and post cards are always first class.

Anyway, I worked for a printing company for 10 years, and ran the place for the last 5 or so. There are a lot of rules and regulations required in bulk mailing, including software you need to purchase to CASS certify and zip+4 the pieces.

Honestly, when you spend the time to learn all of this, spend the time to print it, tab it, label it and fill out the paperwork and take it to the post office...YOU are losing money!

Go hire a professional and spend your EXTRA time working for $200 an hour...you'll be WAY ahead of the game!!

Gary Taylor

Becker, I looked into one time and found it not to be a good fit for me. It made more sense to me to use a good mailing service, and I have been very happy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lora Olson said:
There are all different types of bulk mail possible, presorted, rural routs, specific lists, your own customer lists, standard and first class.

Guaranteed easier way to do this, and just as cheap, is to go to your local mail house, or quick printer, who does bulk mail and use their services. Permits are $150 per year for each different types (they charge different amounts for standard and first class, but last I checked you had to pay for each). Most mail houses will let you use their permits for free.

Limits are 200 and 500...and post cards are always first class.

Anyway, I worked for a printing company for 10 years, and ran the place for the last 5 or so. There are a lot of rules and regulations required in bulk mailing, including software you need to purchase to CASS certify and zip+4 the pieces.

Honestly, when you spend the time to learn all of this, spend the time to print it, tab it, label it and fill out the paperwork and take it to the post office...YOU are losing money!

Go hire a professional and spend your EXTRA time working for $200 an hour...you'll be WAY ahead of the game!!

I concur

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if you are buying mail lists it is very easy. I have one. What I do though is I found a group that manages people with disabilities and I have them label, stamp and sort.

If you are going with the larger card go 8.5x5.5.

Lora when I was in high school I ran a 4-color komori and a Heidelberg Speedmaster. They thought I was older than I was and worked the overnight

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Take the class to see what you're getting into.

We had one. It's a lot of work. If you have the time and don't make mistakes it's great. Sometimes it was more work than it was worth.

Becker

Name
Becker
I agree with what some of ya say, and then I see their is a lot of misinformation out there. Or a lack of understanding.

1st of all, there is no "first class" in bulk mail ( standard mail )

I have leavened it is not for everyone, but can be a great tool.

BTW, I looked into it for my old location years ago, there I did not like it.

Perhaps here, being a smaller town it is slightly easier.

Time will tell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom