Any of you apartment cleaners

asupremeclean

Ever heard of this type thing?

Registry Monitoring Insurance Services (RMIS)

This is a company that helps Management Companies track insurance certificates of their vendors.
I got a letter form one of my Management Companies that I do work for.

They charge vendors $29.95 per year to be involved with the Management Co.
In other words, "PAY UP or GET OUT!" I'm in good standing with this company and don't want to lose them so I'll pay. Don't want to but I will.
Unless it's a scam.

Any of you currently being charged to clean apartments for anyone?

I hope this doesn't become a trend.

asupremeclean

Yea That is normally what I do just send them my certificate of ins and that is good enough I've only been doing work for them for a year.

This is all new to me.

steve r

my first reaction is to tell em go %*&# themselves.

id be interested in what the property manager has to say.thats who i answer to.not sure if i would do business with them if this is the case,but i did about $10,000 for one manager last year so it might be worth it if thats the case.

i didnt open anything on the link but i wonder what it is you would have to agree to.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
90 percent or more of my work is for apartments. i deal with at least 20 complexes and i have never heard of anything like that. They just have our insurance and workers comp stuff sent to them.

G

My business in Michigan serves a 140 complexes and never heard of them before :twisted: . Now we do on-line scheduling with a lot of places that we have to pay a monthly fee. I'm not going to let a few dollars hold thousands of dollars

steve r

i was reading the agreement. 1,000,000 liability and 500,000 workmans comp. :shock:

that excludes me.

Joe Couch

We clean 16 large apartment complexes and every year we just fax each of them a new certificate. Never had any problems.

asupremeclean

I talked with the apt manager and she said this is new for them as well but she also said I should do it and I agreed. Only after she said I could write it up on the next invoice as a charge to the management company. She said that is what all the other vendors did.

Now it sounds like they may have gotten into something they regret and are paying for it now.

I agree. I will not give up thousands of dollars for $30. I'm sure I'm covered so its a go now. I will keep you all informed if something goes awry.

Back
Top Bottom