Another Zipper knock off

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's exactly like automobiles dude. What kind of car do you drive a Ford Chevy Dodge Toyota Nissan etc. who started the first car?
Stealing is stealing in my book. You can tell me how easy it is, you can tell me how profitable it is, you can tell me how everybody does it. Its still stealing.

I don't steal, I don't care to do business with those that do or those that condone it.

You make it sound different than it is but the fact is they bought his tool, took it apart and copied it. Thats stealing.

In fact that could be theft of tens of thousands of dollars right out of Eriks pocket using his own designs against him.

Sumbags! :angry:

smart n kleen

Stealing is stealing in my book. You can tell me how easy it is, you can tell me how profitable it is, you can tell me how everybody does it. Its still stealing.

I don't steal, I don't care to do business with those that do or those that condone it.

You make it sound different than it is but tye fact is they bought his tool, took it apart and copied it. Thats stealing.

If fact that could be theft of tens of thousands of dollars right out of Eriks pocket using his own designs against him.

Sumbags! :angry:
Ok thanks for your great expressions of your loyalty to zipper. It's refreshing to see someone so dedicated to a namebrand. Have a great evening.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

smart n kleen

absolutely not...and nobody says that.
I would say it's the best built tool on the market but there are people who would rather have a different way shape or handle angle then zipper has. I'm very interested in buying a 15 inch zipper this time instead of the 13 inch zipper. I'm also very interested in John's bently pro. I love carpet cleaning tools and would like to try every tool on the market if I could LOL. But as for zipper it is a very nice piece of equipment

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What the fuk are you smoking dude? Nobody is saying that. It's a great tool that nobody was producing until Erik came along. Now everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon. You use the Zipper where it is most productive and you use your other tools where they work best.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's hard to explain unless you have personal experience with all sorts of Jets. I'd rather have nine flow with three Jets then six Jets with nine flow my personal opinion.
Your personal opinion aside, to get the same coverage and flow from less jets means you have raise them higher off the carpet, giving you less impact and heat. Also will give you a denser spray which may cause overwetting and streaking.

smart n kleen

What the fuk are you smoking dude? Nobody is saying that. It's a great tool that nobody was producing until Erik came along. Now everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon. You use the Zipper where it is most productive and you use your other tools where they work best.
You just act like it's the best thing in the world for every situation sorry if I misunderstood you.

smart n kleen

Your personal opinion aside, to get the same coverage and flow from less jets means you have raise them higher off the carpet, giving you less impact and heat. Also will give you a denser spray which may cause overwetting and streaking.
True but the zipper is almost an enclosed area which would be fine for like maybe five number two 110 jets or 95 jets.

smart n kleen

Do you have stock in Mytee or Rotovac? Personal friends of Cobb or Olsen? lol

You wore me out. Are you my brother? He can go on forever.

You're entitled to your opinion, I respect that but I don't agree with it.
I like the zipper very much, I'm just saying I wish they could offer different jet options. I'm not your brother, well I don't think so lol.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
ICS...

And you're no different than Al Messenger when it comes down to it in that diluted thinking.

Mytee is after the Zipper market share. Since you cant sell them I can see what you would hope the Bentley works.
I'm sent Erik lots of sales anyone that's asked has gotten a zipper PERIOD. I've sold zero Bonzers and I have yet to see this in person but any fool can look at that thing mytee made and see no resemblance to the zipper. Attacking it without ever seening one is over playing your hand and has your slip showing. The only reason for it is your need to bully John and that's not cool. Don't like it don't buy it. I have a hard rule now that I'm not selling anything new to the market by practically everyone until it has time in the field I've been bit by every new product from everyone. From prochem to sapphire to hydramatser to mytee everyone. I'm tired of jumping on or off the band wagon. Going to let them all have a fair shake and see what sticks. How about you Mikey stop the bullying and give people everyone a chance. And I'm serious what side you going to pick when it really comes time?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
what is different?
Other then it squirts and sucks and has wheels everything look at it..it looks more like the ace dual chamber wand then it does the zipper. Oh did you all forget they dual chamber wand came out long before the zipper? Oh damn...from the pictures which I've only seen a glimpse of on here it looks more like an Ace wand and the steam genie drag wand and the t-Rex had a 3 some and. had a baby

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I like penguins.
IMG_1669.JPG

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In other words, he's going to wait to see if it's Mikey's Board approved before he sticks his neck out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No need to get mad. lol

Guilt feelings getting to you? Feel a bit like Cobb?

Sell all the knock offs you want. Hope you have a return policy in place. 100% Guaranteed?

Real Zipper killer. :lol:
Mikey knows what I'm talking about he knows everything. And you would have to do something your ashamed of to few guilty. Erik can tell you I've never ever sold anything or told anyone to buy anything but a zipper so don't try pulling me i to your bullshit Richard. That ain't fair how long you know me? And you turn on me like that really wtf? Yeah who should be ashamed?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What is different?

or more specifically what is different than the patented claims here?
https://www.google.com/patents/US7761955
Fred I've seen the same pictures everyone else has the ones in here that's it. Show me side by side with the zipper picture for picture how they are he same. They have wheels and they squirt and suck other then that I see no resemblance to the zipper. Eriks is a piece of mechanical art John's is in a compley totally different category based on The information at hand

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't think Erik received a patent for the Zipper's aesthetics.

It would appear from the pictures that the Mytee very much resembles this:

a vacuum head including a vacuum chamber configured to be connected to a vacuum source and two downward facing elongate vacuum ports extending downwardly from the vacuum chamber; and
an elongate solution manifold mounted between said vacuum ports and configured to discharge cleaning liquid in a space between the vacuum ports,
wherein said vacuum ports are configured to extract waste liquid from carpet when said vacuum head is moved in both a forward motion and a backward motion of the vacuum head,
wherein said vacuum head further includes elongate glides sealingly fitted in lower openings of said vacuum ports, said glides having suction openings formed therein through which fluids may be drawing into said vacuum ports, and said glides project below the bottom face of said vacuum head.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hell when we were at Mikeyfest Aptos Erik told me Jerry Valentine had one over at John's making a handle for it.

I told Erik then I wouldn't trust them. They were knock off artists. They had done it many times and to be careful.

Do you think it was coincidence? Its been coming, too many other knock offs to build first.

I'm ashamed alright. Ashamed I ever bought from either of those manufacturers. :errf:

If this were your invention, how would you take these copycats?

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Mytee moved the vac shoes closer together, other than that it's a attempt to get some of the sales of the push pull "drag wand" that Erik was the first to come out with.

Just ridiculous to pretend you don't see that John.
John's is in a compley totally different category based on The information at hand

T shaped handle
Wheels
Two vac ports with jet inbetween
Push Pull action

other than the Bonzer where have we ever seen that before?

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think the bronzer is way more, and I mean way more of a knock off(complete piece of crap but still an attempt at a knock off) than the mytee tool by far.

We haven't even seen this thing yet.

I do feel the mytee "hate" here regardless if mytee "deserves" it or not.

BUT HEY LETS NOT HESITATE TO CONTINUE SPECULATING.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The problem with the law in this country is that you pay thousands of dollars to patent something, then john doe knocks it off and says sue me. It would cost many more thousands to sue and pay lawyers to argue over all the little details. The inventor usually loses and the scumbag knock off artists and lawyers win big. In my opinion, the original inventor/producer of the device is the one who have our loyalty. Erik is not my personal friend, I have only met him once but he put his heart and soul into developing the Zipper. It shows his love of detail and craftsmanship and it hurts when you see crappy knock offs cutting into his sales or even potential sales.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom