Add temp gauge to hydramaster 318?

Jeremy Martin

Name
Jeremy
Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help. New to starting my own biz. Got a large account with a property management company that mostly has single family homes and small apartments, like 4 and 6 unit buildings so decided it would be the time to break off on my own. The hydramaster 318 seems like I can get a new unit at a fair price. With being a new startup I like having the warranty to get off the ground. I really have 2 questions.
1. Is the 318 good enough to maintain temp for single family homes and small apartments? Shouldn't really be using over 200 ft.
2. How do you track the temp? Anyone add a temp gauge before?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do they not have a gauge on the machine or are you looking at putting one on the wand?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Haven't used a 318 but I'd look 1 model above the entry level out of any of the "big 3"
What do you want to know the temp for?
I run fuel burner its either hot enough or its not, the gauge doesn't tell you that the results do

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help. New to starting my own biz. Got a large account with a property management company that mostly has single family homes and small apartments, like 4 and 6 unit buildings so decided it would be the time to break off on my own. The hydramaster 318 seems like I can get a new unit at a fair price. With being a new startup I like having the warranty to get off the ground. I really have 2 questions.
1. Is the 318 good enough to maintain temp for single family homes and small apartments? Shouldn't really be using over 200 ft.
2. How do you track the temp? Anyone add a temp gauge before?
If you are going to buy new, think about buying the next unit up. Probably have better performance and options

Jeremy Martin

Name
Jeremy
I haven't seen one up close yet but from the pictures and lots of research it appears to have 2 gauges which I assume are vac and pressure. Mostly just looking to be able to monitor the temp loss/rate. Moving up from the 318 pushes out of the start up budget for going new. Still debating on gambling a used 421 vs new 318(2 year warranty could prove highly valuable for start up) Hack you don't think the 318 is enough for my purposes?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I haven't seen one up close yet but from the pictures and lots of research it appears to have 2 gauges which I assume are vac and pressure. Mostly just looking to be able to monitor the temp loss/rate. Moving up from the 318 pushes out of the start up budget for going new. Still debating on gambling a used 421 vs new 318(2 year warranty could prove highly valuable for start up) Hack you don't think the 318 is enough for my purposes?
If your local city courthouse called you 6months after you started to give them a quote on cleaning their carpet...would you regret buying that 318?

I’d look for a used Titan at your budget price

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Heat exchanger guys would be better weighing in on this as to what to expect, you will have to give it time to rebuild heat (dry stroke time)
Like I said i'm a fuel burner if I want more heat I hold the trigger on more (the opposite to a heat exchanger) or go out to van and turn the dial up. I still dry stroke but dont have to for the heat

Jeremy Martin

Name
Jeremy
If your local city courthouse called you 6months after you started to give them a quote on cleaning their carpet...would you regret buying that 318?

I’d look for a used Titan at your budget price
Hard to argue with that, looked at a used Titan in my price range today. Any idea why the vacuum gauge would be full of water?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a similar sized unit with the same blower and engine. The heat was disappointing, the suction just okay. If you can afford a little more and get the 423, you go from an 18 hp engine and 36 blower to a 23 hp engine and a 45 blower. You should have more heat and plenty of suction even at 200 ft.

Jeremy Martin

Name
Jeremy
Never saw such clear oil, also had a crack in the cover but assumed if water was getting in through that then it would also be leaking

Jeremy Martin

Name
Jeremy
I had a similar sized unit with the same blower and engine. The heat was disappointing, the suction just okay. If you can afford a little more and get the 423, you go from an 18 hp engine and 36 blower to a 23 hp engine and a 45 blower. You should have more heat and plenty of suction even at 200 ft.

Yea, I'm looking at a 2014 423 from a guy in northern NY. 1200 hrs, 08 3500 with 15500. Down to $16k. Seems like a pretty good price

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've used a 423 and It had enough heat and vacuum for residential.
Dont think I'd want to wade into a greasy restaurant with it though (although it could no doubt do it just slower than Im used to) Never seen a Titan but enough speak well of them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom