2 wet passes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
After hanging with all the lovely folks at Mikey's Fest this past weekend I came back with a renewed spirit and a bunch of great ideas I could immediately start applying to my new cleaning business. Marketing, organization, soft skills, and much more.

This one may seem mundane to some, overkill to others maybe, but holy cow what a difference. Beforehand I would only give extra wet passes to trouble areas when cleaning carpets, a single wet pass was my standard. On yesterday's job I tried applying 2 wet passes to an entire room as my standard method and then more in the trouble spots. Wow did I extract more soil. It was a really clean looking bedroom relatively speaking, and yet I pulled out some of the nastiest mud water I've seen yet. And for fun I only used Carpet Details as my prespray. Technique seems atleast as important as my chemistry...

Mikey P

Administrator
Speaking of wet passes...

I watched a bit of Mark's new HS video.

Tom's $1400+ HS wand leaves way more water on the floor than the World's Greatest $420 HS wand. :eekk:

At the RMH we were playing around with it on some LVP at 1000 PSI and it was leaving the floor 99% dry with one pass.

It's also much lower to the ground and gets all the way to the edge under cabinets unlike Toms, and there is no blow out through the side brushes due to perfect jet placement.

Had this wand been out from the beginning, I would have never bothered with making brush glides and Tom would have never made that $1400 wand. Fact.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGaXH0qFpI

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I shoot for 1:2 wet passes to dry passes. So overall each area I gave 2 wet passes got 3 or 4 dry passes. And I run air movers for at least 10 or 15 minutes in each space. It dried pretty quickly.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
After hanging with all the lovely folks at Mikey's Fest this past weekend I came back with a renewed spirit and a bunch of great ideas I could immediately start applying to my new cleaning business. Marketing, organization, soft skills, and much more.

This one may seem mundane to some, overkill to others maybe, but holy cow what a difference. Beforehand I would only give extra wet passes to trouble areas when cleaning carpets, a single wet pass was my standard. On yesterday's job I tried applying 2 wet passes to an entire room as my standard method and then more in the trouble spots. Wow did I extract more soil. It was a really clean looking bedroom relatively speaking, and yet I pulled out some of the nastiest mud water I've seen yet. And for fun I only used Carpet Details as my prespray. Technique seems atleast as important as my chemistry...
Good job, fans help.

Not sure if a acid rinses with some dry agents helps or not.

Reactions: Bryce C

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Red mist with high wing spoiler.

1711822149359.png

sassyotto

Name
Paul
this is where having high end customers is great. They clean their carpet annually, are not affected by current economic conditions and know a lot of people like themselves that they refer to. Cleaning clean carpet only takes one cleaning pass.

not that I never run across dirty carpet but when I do, I run a few passes over it prior to the cleaning process (especially at startup when you need to run water through the line to get to the *hot* water) You would be surprised at how much soil can be removed with just a rinse. Gets the carpet wet prior to cleaning so you have a jump start on dwell time.

Name
Swani
When it comes to dry passes, which should in reality called additional cleaning passes, what do you think is more effective, two fast or one slow....?
My wife and I debate this all the time. I still think that a fast dry stroke may have some benefit because it flicks the moisture off the fibers. I tend to do a lot of dry strokes fast and slow though. I also post bonnet.

Luky

Name
Mario
When it comes to dry passes, which should in reality called additional cleaning passes, what do you think is more effective, two fast or one slow....?
1 wet,1 dry, overlap, repeat. Do I remember it right?
Stinky S is telling customers that carpet will dry between the 8 to 24 hours, we know that is a lie, some customers reporting longer times after being serviced by SS. We want to be heroes and trying to get the carpet dry in less than four hours. Why is that? It's time for reality check. Doing more work for less money, means just that, less money in our pockets. Let's compete, who can get the carpet dry faster !?

they live

Name
Steve
2 wet passes is a minimum. First one quicker than second. 2 dry passes fairly quick.
Any more dry passes you might as well make them wet passes to clean more. I often use 4 or 5 wet passes to flush heavily soiled areas and blend areas more heavily presprayed.

• Love

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom