100 ft high pressure lead line?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
How many run a 100 footer with no breaks or brass? I use 100 ft skinny Schiffer from Joe on both trucks. The guys really like it so do I.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I carry in a 100' Parker Parflex line. 50' would be too short, not even making it out the front door on anything more than a one room job.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Like Jerry I hand roll. The first piece from the truck is a 125' length of Parker, this is long enough for 90% of our jobs. If I need more the shorter pieces are connected inside.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I use 100' sections. We carry 3 on hand held reels so that we can reel them back to the truck from the farthest point of the job. Shut off valves on each, and the half, 50', clearly marked on the hoses to make setting up vacuum hoses easier.

I really hate to have a connection inside, and avoid that if possible.

Reactions: Russ T. and SamIam
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
100 ft from wand out the door covers most jobs and two 50 ft after that if needed of Parker hose. The 100 ft has about 800 hours and is starting to get what looks like kinks . Going to try and make it to spring and replace them.

Reactions: SamIam

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
100' and then 50' sections with shut off valves on most of them. Most jobs the 100 footer will be enough inside a house and the qc will be outside.

Reactions: SamIam

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
150' with a 50' starter when needed. The homes here are big and sometimes it 75' or further to the front door.

Gene

Ron K

50' 3/8 then 50'1/4 with shut-off. Does 90% then I have a 1' piece to do the other 10%!

Lars

Name
Lars
We just switched from 50' leader to the 100'. Trying to baby proof things for the guys.we had a leaky brass connection recently that nobody bothered to wipe up/put a towel under that left some water marks on a wood floor.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
100' parker gets us ot of the too most of the time. then 50' all with shutoffs.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
My first section is 100 feet then the rest are 50 footers. The majority of my jobs I can reach with the 100 feet. I might do 125 on my next one just because I have a few times I just need that little extra and the 50 footer is just too long.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I remember all the houses that I need to get just a little closer to the point of entry to avoid that extra length of hose run.

Becker

Name
Becker
100' lead is a most, hate having brass in the house.
Replace my GY yearly.

Thinking I'll start doing
100'
25'
25'
50'

hp and vac
85% of my jobs I'm at the truck at 100'
Others I just need 10 more feet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have an old Parker lead that's started at 120ft, now its closer to 110 after 6yrs
I bought a new length of Parker, 130ft.
I have 2 other 100ft lengths of Tornado
One length to get into over 90% of my work. no brass to worry about inside the house or when packing up. Lately I've been hand coiling but usually it goes on the reel

Name
BradFenstermaker
Hunert phooter un may twuck. Den uh coople feeter fuuterz.
Need to call Windtrax tomorrow and order replacement.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Finally switched to 100 ft a few months ago. Should have a long time ago. Very nice except reeling it up is not as easy.
I got the hose from a local hose supply repair place and forgot to check brand. It has stars on it but no name. Too late but seems to work fine.
Never heard of Lee's idea of carrying in a reel and back rolling. Interesting

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Never heard of Lee's idea of carrying in a reel and back rolling. Interesting

Doesn't have to be a reel, I bring in 100' of parker(loose rolled) and unroll on the way to the door. Same thing(kinda 50' sections) with vac hose, bring it to farthest room. Unwind on my way out.

Really avoids wall, corner, etc. issues. I don't get the "grip and rip" method, weather you have corner guards or not.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
100' fits nicely on the round extension cord reel.

Do you have a link or pic of the reel you use? Is it like what Justin mentioned a while back?

I just picked up a new 1oo' and a 50' length. I'm considering switching to a 100' lead but would be nice to have a fast way to roll and unroll.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's it.

Thread the male end from the inside out the hole with the larger cord holes, back in the next hole and the tip about an inch out the third hole. That should be the end toward the machine.

The other end, female, should have a ball valve shutoff.

Carry the reel into the furthest point of the job and reel back to the truck. If one reel reaches all the way just pull the male qc out and hook it to the machine. No need to unwind all of it. Add second section if needed.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom