youtube building an audience

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
who other than mikey and saiger steam cleaning use youtube?

what cameras do you use to film?
do you use a mic attached to your camera?
mikey how many subscribers do you have?
Saiger how many subscribers do you have?

So anyone who has a you tube channel put a link to one of your videos below.
To help everyone rank higher on youtube and get more views we should all subscribe to each others videos.

I have mikeys and saigers already.

scrrocks

Name
Cody Williams
Make your descriptions long like you were posting in a blog and make good use of your keywords. Being very descriptive is huge for YouTube, since their crawlers can't actually watch your video. It relies heavily on your description. Do not overuse keywords though. Find out what keywords your competitors videos are ranking for and copy them, expand your range as well.

It is a great idea to build a community, but you want interaction. Not just views/subscriptions from your buddies, but you've got the right idea. Sharing your videos on sites like this is a great method of expanding your reach!

One more tip, pay attention to your video statistics in the analytics section of your YouTube video manager. YouTube looks at how long people will watch your video before going on to something else. I saw another one of your videos and it looks good, just keep focusing on demonstrating the results that people want to see!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

bad audio, blah, thinking im going to buy an external microphone for demos like this.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Make your descriptions long like you were posting in a blog and make good use of your keywords. Being very descriptive is huge for YouTube, since their crawlers can't actually watch your video. It relies heavily on your description. Do not overuse keywords though. Find out what keywords your competitors videos are ranking for and copy them, expand your range as well.

It is a great idea to build a community, but you want interaction. Not just views/subscriptions from your buddies, but you've got the right idea. Sharing your videos on sites like this is a great method of expanding your reach!

One more tip, pay attention to your video statistics in the analytics section of your YouTube video manager. YouTube looks at how long people will watch your video before going on to something else. I saw another one of your videos and it looks good, just keep focusing on demonstrating the results that people want to see!

Agree, also use advanced settings to set a specific location. So google knows what town to pull from.

Next under annotations create a call to action in the video linking to your website.
"get free estimate" people can click and end up right on landing page specific to this video. Example its a floor stripping video you want them to land on webpage about floor stripping and not just homepage.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Also you want to be thinking of this in terms of $$$. How do i generate a lead.

Easiest way is choose nichee keywords and use words in headline/body that a consumer would punch up in google.
Not industry terms.

What happens is in weak keywords google will yank your video to 1-3 position and you can generate some leads on the cheap.
Peoples eyes gravitate to the video box screenshot over just a typical text box.

Keep them short too, nobody has 20 minutes... More like 30-60 seconds.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
ok thanks for the info, just changed description on some of my videos and included a link to that specific page on my site.

Reactions: scrrocks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
For camera I use my Samsung Galaxy S5 the most because it is handy and with me. It also is easy to upload the video to YouTube with the phone.

I have also used a GoPro I think it's a 3 of some nature... Was new this summer.

I can take the sim card and load on my computer then to YouTube or put the sim in my phone to upload.

Just recently, some update has come through on my computer and not working to upload to YouTube from the computer. Just haven't had time to research what could be happening.

I find that the YouTube video can be faster to describe something and is even easier to copy and paste the link than upload a bunch of pictures.

But sometimes, people just want to see pictures quick vs a video.

I just started using YouTube about a year. I currently have 130 subscribers and almost 51,000 views. Lots of carpet cleaners which I do receive a lot of calls and inquiries... Some of those calls are very humbling with their thanks for the video and help.

So, they seem to be helping my fellow cleaners and that really was the intentions of doing the videos and YouTube channel.

Sorry I missed this post earlier

Let me know if I can help. I am still a rookie really at it, but my Android and YouTube do make it easier

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Awesome Mark.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I currently have around 150 videos, spread across my two channels. One for personal and One for business, I'm in the process of switching videos over to my business page and keeping my kayaking trip, rc toys, and hiking on my personal page.

I have 13,179 views on my personal page
And 427 views on my be and new business page.

I have 6 new videos in the works (editing etc.) but they will be up soon.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Just like anything else you have to test different ideas and find out what actually brings $$ in.

Can say to fill out the description as much as possible and take your time in general. Better to have 1 effective video then 10 invisible ones.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
right now i use either my go pro 3+ 12mp , i have a setup with a light and a mic.

and i use my cell also, 13mp, onboard light, mic.
my cell does a great job but the go pro is better.

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Reactions: Mikey P

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
My go pro hero 3+
1103150946a.jpg
1103150947.jpg

Attachments

• 1103150947.jpg
    1103150947.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 184

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have a 64 gig sd card in it. i have an external battery pack, and a few spare standard batteries, i also have a ton of accessories for it. under water filters, floaty handles, standard cases, extended cases for the external battery pack , and the screen that i also have that clips on the back of it, a remote. your droid cell phone can also be used as a remote. and to change settings. i have a polorized filter lens for it, tripod, head mount, some stick on mounts for other applications, a windshield mount, a big clamp mount. a selfie pole like saiger uses. etc. works well.

go pro on the hoss 700:

under water in the caribbean islands.

kayaking

my rc boat:

my rc truck:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have one. It's pretty lame right now. I'm going to get a go pro tomorrow and get mine going.
im not the best yet. going to a class soon, maybe learn some stuff.

whats your you tube channel? if you don't want to post its ok too.

Mikey P

Administrator
if any of you have youtube channels lets get a list going, and subscribe to each other, just go online go to your channels home page and copy the url in the address box by the top of the screen. it will look similar to the ones below.

Mikeys board is:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIRdDOynBRSbO6RXj0yyKiw

Marks you tube channel is:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

My you tube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT2lBOH3GiK2Z6Mtyo0EXvg

That's MB's new page for Webinars..

I have fare more videos here..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGl4oOuCGURMINuh5ot3sxw

Reactions: Scott S.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
im not the best yet. going to a class soon, maybe learn some stuff.

whats your you tube channel? if you don't want to post its ok too.
I think I'm going to create a new one that is based off my google plus page.
I can't find a link to my page from this mobile platform.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I think I'm going to create a new one that is based off my google plus page.
I can't find a link to my page from this mobile platform.
i have one for my personal stuff like the RC stuff, and the snorkling, and then i have a business page just for business stuff. just gotta make sure you add both accounts to your youtube account on your phone and upload to the right one.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
anybody else out there have a youtube channel. its not a competition, but we can all post our channels and subscribe to each other and rank our videos higher.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom