Your pre and post inspection routines

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm charing the edit committee for the IICRC standards on this subject so I'd love to hear your processes pre and post inspection of both commercial and residential jobs, essentially anything you think you do different than the norm..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm charing the edit committee for the IICRC standards on this subject so I'd love to hear your processes pre and post inspection of both commercial and residential jobs, essentially anything you think you do different than the norm..
I don't know what the norm is but I go through the home with the homeowner and point out problem areas such as filtration lines, stains, loose seams, buckled carpet, etc. On some jobs I write these down and have the customer sign off, other jobs I take pics. Most of the time I just explain the situation and what the expected results are. I have a tumeric stain removal next week. That one I will explain to the customer again what our methods are, the chances of complete removal. Will take before and after pics and have the customer sign off on it. I don't what more I can do except to remove the stain.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Pre inspection ,per above.i used a modified ascr report form. Also with black lite,spots marked either blue easy off painters tape,or white chalk.Plus each room would have snips taken out an put on 3*5 card.Reason was fiber samples for tests if needed.An or if spot dyeing was needed in future.i could make dye bath ahead of time .then just neutralize an spot dye.Post inspections were done whilst removing the air dryer from previous day if left.An or a phone call first thing in morning...Worked fer me...Have great weekend...For furniture always a shrink test for fabrics,plus pillow inspections fer uph marks on inside.If found they were covered by saran wrap or anything so as to not have migration situations... Ya

Reactions: Mikey P

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Also,as I think back about it.graphed the rooms an spots.Folders per household,were pretty good size.Also tidbits for return visits.Names of pets,areas of concern mentioned.Hobbies regarding the family.Water or in Bane/Autex days.where the strongest electric out let's off.In that area a separate do we need fuses?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Also,as I think back about it.graphed the rooms an spots.Folders per household,were pretty good size.Also tidbits for return visits.Names of pets,areas of concern mentioned.Hobbies regarding the family.Water or in Bane/Autex days.where the strongest electric out let's off.In that area a separate do we need fuses?
Untill marketer's arrived pushing sales materials.i had to be all that an more.An never being insured for two decades.Made me insane...on details...So inspect to know what to expect...

Name
Steve Lawrence
Be clean. Be professional. Show the customer you are interested in working for them. Find something about the job that you can tell them about in detail. Like pooling, or filtration soil and possible cleaning limitations, leaving carpets soft or whatever. Charge a lot, more than you'd pay and get the job! Process this job well and you will never have to do this again at this location! You will have won a customer for life! This attitude will build your business, maybe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom