You never know in this business.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I booked 3 jobs last week and today I booked 12 jobs. Some days I am happy, feel like I am successful and enjoy what I do. Other days I feel like a total hack am ready to give up. This is only my second full year with Ace. Hopefully things will fall into place soon and I’ll be able to take it all in stride.

CleanEvo

That's typical for an owner operator business.

It's the same here, I have days go by without booking a new job and then a couple of days can fill in two weeks... go figure! All I can say is that if you keep doing the fundamentals... it all works out in the end. Right now I could use a day or two off!

TimP

The work definitely comes and goes. This time of the year for me is almost exhausting. I actually have a $4,300 week scheduled, that's just how busy I am this week. I'm almost dreading doing the work but it's gotta be done and I need the money for sure.

I actually go many months and not even bring in 4,000.

CleanEvo

TimP said:
The work definitely comes and goes. This time of the year for me is almost exhausting. I actually have a $4,300 week scheduled, that's just how busy I am this week. I'm almost dreading doing the work but it's gotta be done and I need the money for sure.

I actually go many months and not even bring in 4,000.

Go for it bro... you'll enjoy it when you have some time!

TimP

So far I've only done about $630 this week, but I got 2 days at schools with help running 2 machines. And a huge grout sealing job that my wife is gonna help me with.

Sad part is I wont see it in my pocket cause I have plenty of debt to pay and will keep a lot for when it slows too.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Walrus said:
Just remember you live in KANSAS Toto.

:lol:

Jimmy,
Wizard of OZ joke? Like I’ve never heard one before. At least we have some claim to fame. You live in the most boring sate in the US. You used to have a good football team. I had an apartment across from the stadium I used to look out there and see red on both sides of the stadium when we played Nebraska. Not the case these days I bet. :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

One week its a feast the next its famine. Though after 1 year i think you would be a little more even.

Let me ask u this , do u only offer carpet cleaning?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
lancehollister said:
One week its a feast the next its famine. Though after 1 year i think you would be a little more even.

Let me ask u this , do u only offer carpet cleaning?

Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Floor work, Carpet repairs, Restoration and Janitorial for some extra cash flow. You can offer too many services and I think I do. I need to focus on my core business of carpet cleaning. I need to stop making excuses about not being prepared with the right marketing materials and start cold calling.

jimn

Hey Mike,

Why not focuse more of your effort into tile and grout cleaning? Everywhere I go, there is opportunity in this. Take a good hard look at a small investment like the Turbo Hybrid from Turboforce and start doing that. Diversify and do not let "the economy get you down" there are plenty of opportunities out there and you just need to seek them out.

If your current machine can do pressure cleaning with heat up to about 1200 psi, you have a built in revenue resource.

One good piece of information I learned when I had my cleaning business over 15 years ago was to use a "STOP" sign" in all of my advertising. When people see that, they WILL stop and read it. This helped me out tremendously when I used to clean. (very simple concept) Try it, hopefully it will work for you as it did for me.

I hope this helps to get the phone ringing on a regular basis..

Jim

Back
Top Bottom