Yellowbook/Hibu Internet Marketing

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Has anyone used them? I have a friend that is a rep with Hibu that he mentioned in a conversation.
Whats the low-down on all of this?

Scott Rogers

Well that's good because I didnt ask about print. :winky:

I have their print/net package. have for years. My average customer is older and in this area many of them rarely if ever use the internet. So my returns on the net portion are low. I would cancel it but the Print/net package is cheaper then print alone.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
It’s the only print media I purchase. Our books are so small, we still use them and just about everyone has one in their car. However, you have to have a 2008 model to get anyones address.

The city\county white pages in the phonebook consists of a grand total of 11 (1\2) pages, TINY and getting smaller.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
The day after I responded to this post, I got the new phone book. My ad was no where to be found. My only competition had an ad, double in size. I called and they told me I didn't have an account set up with them. I asked them to look into it and get back with me. It took them a week to call back and say they were sorry, but they must have had a computer glitch and I was left out. I. Requested the sales rep contact me, because the only compensation I was offered was 10 % off next years ad - no thank you. The best I could get was 1 year free - half page, color ad.

I was still listed under the phone directory but put the address of the previous owners father. My other business, a laundromat was misspelled as well. It had been correct for 47 years prior as Kwick Klean, but they decided to change it to Quick Clean this year.

Just a little frustrated and disappointed in their customer service.

Amy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They suck, last year I held out of the display ad's and was harassed with emails by the rep. This year I put a line listing and did an air duct coupon but I don't expect much from the display. The book here is very small, hard to read, just junk!

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
That thing the senior citizens and rural folks still use. If I lived in a populated area I would not use them!

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Like the man said. Print is dead in the golden state. What a waste of 1200$ never again! Grrr... I was told so, but had to find out the hard way.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
The day after I responded to this post, I got the new phone book. My ad was no where to be found. My only competition had an ad, double in size. I called and they told me I didn't have an account set up with them. I asked them to look into it and get back with me. It took them a week to call back and say they were sorry, but they must have had a computer glitch and I was left out. I. Requested the sales rep contact me, because the only compensation I was offered was 10 % off next years ad - no thank you. The best I could get was 1 year free - half page, color ad.

I was still listed under the phone directory but put the address of the previous owners father. My other business, a laundromat was misspelled as well. It had been correct for 47 years prior as Kwick Klean, but they decided to change it to Quick Clean this year.

Just a little frustrated and disappointed in their customer service.

Amy

They broke a contract. I would not pay at all. I agreed to pay for what I asked for. Not my fault you screwed up. Now you want me to what? I would be sure to have it all in writing.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I have the signed contract from when the rep called on me and we changed up the ad. I was just hoping I would get more than one year free.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fight them, tell them you contacted your attorney and he suggested you try it the easy way. But if they don't want to comply with what you consider reasonable, he's confident he can get it plus his fees. :eekk:

LOL You've got nothing to lose in trying!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fight them, tell them you contacted your attorney and he suggested you try it the easy way. But if they don't want to comply with what you consider reasonable, he's confident he can get it plus his fees. :eekk:

LOL You've got nothing to lose in trying!

Reactions: amygeorge

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Haven't used phone books for a long time.

I shall never spend money with them again.

The Smellow Yellow book is now so small and the print so fine, (about a size 8 font), that all that I see in empty premises still look brand new, never been used.

In our local directories, I have free one line listings, even though I have not paid for them for several years.

Only good thing about them local book is the street directory, it is in large scale, the Smellow Yellow book is pathetic.

Most of the larger, & established cleaners have also dropped their one, half & quarter page ads, and gone to one liners.

The 'net brings in nearly as many customers for me as much as what my referrals and repeats do.

After about four years, I also put signs for two of my three businesses on my van.

Nothing at all four about four years apart from my web sites, repeats and referrals.

:very_drunk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom