Yellow Pages expenditure this year: more - less - same?

Are you changing your commitment to YP this year?

• Total voters

Bob Foster

Curious in the change in attitude and budgets over the last year.

If you are choosing to spend less on Yellow Pages this year, what are you spending the advertising money on instead?

Chris A

Name
Chris
way less, I still have a dollar bill sized ad in one book, but I'll probably drop that for '11 unless it really kicks ass this year.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I have nothing in my local yp. Not even my phone number listed. Those idiots left it out.

Name
George Valliant
I cancelled my ad in all 4 or 5 local books.

Besides being a terrible return on investment. I despise most sales reps cuz too pushy, over promise and under deliver.

I'm using the money to campaign to me existing client base better.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I was in last year, but canned them this year.

YP had me dealing with the wrong folks for the most part.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We have 4 or 5 different books here in a population of 150 to 200K. How could you even decide which book to be in?

I have the YellowBook rep offering 1 full page ad & 3 or 4 quarter page listings along with the internet marketing & a free video for $500 a month. I'm tempted for that price, but I keep hearing YP is dead.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Bob Foster said:
If you are choosing to spend less on Yellow Pages this year, what are you spending the advertising money on instead?

We cut by about 50% and spending is going on
Mostly new equipment
Some changes in our marketing focus after planning and advice from marketing professional

roro

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mine was the only vote that increased yp expenses this year. I went from NO paid listing to bold print in-column.

Spent too many years with the biggest ad, mostly wasted.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I increased from 0$ to $25 a month for a bold listing because I did away with my landline to save $50 a month.

No ads in 2 years. The internet keeps a steady stream of new customers for a $12.95 a month hosting fee.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
YP display ads have always pulled well. Not very many price shppers, no more than any other method of advertising. The way they've dropped their rates we'd be silly to pull out.....with the exception of the one that @#$%^&! us on an Internet listing. We're disputing the contract and won't be going into that directory.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
After seeing my yp listing just about quadruple over the last 6 years I am thinking of dropping it. I have an unusual market as there is a high transient population so the yp's work. Want to try a website instead and see how it performs this next year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom