Yellow pages book

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I can see why you're surprised the YPs becoming a high prices dinosaur.

I got 5 this morning without the book.

1- google
1- referral
2- from my marketing system
1- previous client

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
At least the YPs in your neck of the woods get what they are worth.

Too many cleaners go broke every winter and their phone get turned off by trying to pay for very large ads that cost much more than they bring in.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done that in the past...didn't know any better than to rely on the phone books...learned the hardway.
Phone book companies hired great sales people that show you graphs and tell you how many calls you will get.

But like I have said...it usually isn't the advertisers fault if an ad doesn't work.
Usually is a bad ad or misplaced ad.

This particular ad runs at about $1000.00 per montha and it the size of a dollar bill...little bigger.
That's the price they told me but I think I could have gotten them down a bit...moot point.
Here is the ad

I put it together quick because it was a surprise that they were giving it to me.
The last job I booked, the lady said she liked my ad the best...and no I didn't ask.

CopyofPriorityadbook.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you'll notice....the phone number is correct. :lol:

When proofing an ad...nothing else is as important.

Becker

Name
Becker
Some markets are not worth the time to have an ad built much less the cost.

Some markets get a book of some sort dropped on the door step every month to 2 months.

Some markets are way over sold.

If you live in a city that pretty much has only one book, then you should do pretty good.

But I have to be honest, I've not cracked a YP book in like 2 years other than to see the carpet cleaning sections.

Computer, Palm

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was thinking the same thing..

Update...that job from the book turned into a $750.00 tile and carpet job.

I want to keep up on how much it's making and this is a pretty good start.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I put 1/8 page ads in 4 books this year. Some of them pay for themselves some don’t. I’m going to be allot tougher when I negotiate next years ads. Make sure you proof read the sales order too. I am paying an extra $20.00 a month for a internet listing I said I didn’t want. Most of the YP calls are price shoppers. I decided to stop letting these calls go to waste. I am going to start offering a basic level service for $25.00 per room. Why only serve steak when you can make money selling hot dogs too?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, I have some guys who do my price shopper work now.
I'm with ya on letting the customer go....but...
Some are just go ghetto or pain in the ass to deal with.
Gotta feel them out.

Sometime, if someone cons me enough to think they are broke and moving out and can't afford...yada yada yada...I will just send them to one of my tech and they can to the job themselves without the cut.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well the book must have hit West Sacramento today because I am getting all my phone book calls from that areas.

Just got 2 more from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom