yellow page advertising

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
How is everybody doin with this of late?
i track most of my calls i do pretty good with this
i spent 6400.00 on ads
and have received 6200.00 worth of work
I think next year I'm not goin to do this anymore.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Jesse
Last week I listened to 3 months worth of yp calls. Each of those months we booked about what we pay to be in the book. The majority of those calls were people looking for work, people looking to do a "basic" cleaning for 1-3 rooms, and Mexicans asking if we speak Spanish

Not worth it

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Hi Randy, are you using the YP tracking phone number?

Your ROI would not make me feel good. Does your stated ROI include your cost of doing business?

Come up with a number that works for you. Lets say they give you the same level of product for $900. Then will it make sense? Offer them the number you come up with, then tell them take it or leave it.

Assuming a $200 job average (you do not live in Mikey's world) that is 31 jobs, which is nice.

The YP ads are most relevant to the people who sell YP ads...

Reactions: Mikey P

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
That makes a lot of sense Chris I think I will do that
offer them 2000 grand a year take it or leave it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
An important question here was, "are you using the YP tracking phone number" in the YP advertising.

If so, it has been published and carved in the proverbial stone of the interweb and YP books. If you drop them and loose that tracking phone number you will certainly loose business when the number is answered by Matildas Massage and Gun Shop.

Can you buy, own and have forwarded the tracking number to your main line ?

steve_64

i started my business eight years ago with YP. now hardly anything comes from it. im dropping them after this year and going to try and focus more on internet.

this is a big change for me but im starting to finally get it.

im going to do more newspaper ads also. not the small weekly stuff but article type stuff.

im letting go of my bulletin board ads also in the grocery stores and things like that.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Your ROI would not make me feel good.

I think anything close to an even return on any advertising campaign isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if you are a young business hungry for growth, and can financially handle some extra work even if it does not immediately pay off. Considering the fact that some campaigns can be complete flops, breaking even in the moment may not seem too bad.

I think other variables must be considered other than the immediate return it has generated.
Gotta factor in the potential for repeats, future referrals, new connections, exposure...etc.

Good suggestions to try to make a deal now that you are more familiar with how they work, and you might be able to tweak the numbers more in your favor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom