Yel-p experiment

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a new user leave us a great review over last weekend. Usually a 1st time review last no more than 36 hours, I was quick to catch it and out of curiosity I hit the "Useful, Funny and Cool" buttons to see if that action would help keep the review visible, which 5 days later has proven to be the case.

Give it a try sometime and let us know if it worked for you too.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Yelp still has not caught on here. I had 3 good reviews but they pulled them after a short time and I had 1 customer rip us a new one (she was a total whack job) her review has been up for a year?

Reactions: tmdry

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You know that you can respond to positive reviews too, right? I've found that they have a better chance of sticking if you log in and give a personal thank you, yes even first time reviewers. Try to remember something from a conversation during their appointment and comment on it, and encourage them to use you in the future. Don't just simply say thank you. Googleman also really loves this kind of social engagement with your customers, because social engagement and any kind of media(other LOCAL blogs, newspapers, etc) with your company name in it is really good for your rankings.

EDIT: The last statement is true for any other review sites that allows you to respond as well.

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I had a new user leave us a great review over last weekend. Usually a 1st time review last no more than 36 hours, I was quick to catch it and out of curiosity I hit the "Useful, Funny and Cool" buttons to see if that action would help keep the review visible, which 5 days later has proven to be the case.

Give it a try sometime and let us know if it worked for you too.

Like Steve, said. Thank them for the review!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think they are getting investigated by the feds right now.. Mike do you pay them to advertize? Still hasn't came around these parts..

Mikey P

Administrator
oh looky...

My 50th just went up...

Thank you Connoisseur,
When I called I got an appointment for the next day. I had some water damage in my master bedroom from a dishwasher on the other side of the wall. They were able to clean the water stains plus all the streak marks left by a previous carpet cleaning company! I am impressed and will definitely use them again. They were recommended by my flooring store who installed the carpeting. Mike is a great listener and knows what to do to fix the problem. Julian, his associate that day, was really sweet. Don't hesitate to use this company. You won't regret it. Judy in Scotts Valley

Able 1

Name
Keith
Wow, good reason for them to let you keep ALL of your reviews, not sure why you should have any deleted. Ride it out... They are getting investigated though. With the internet it is all being at the right place at the right time, make great money, then it falls apart.. You hit it at the right time, I think it's down hill from here.. Maybe not what the hell do I know?

Ron K

It's NOT clicks it's impressions...........BIG difference. Not discounting the reviews it's just a whole different model then PPC.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm all for trying things that might keep a good review from disappearing. Hope it works.

Look harder at stories about Yelp being investigated though. There are stories about people faking reviews (happens on every review site) but government agencies aren't accusing Yelp of involvement.

The textbook example of misunderstanding social media is the carpet cleaner in D. C. suing Yelp. Threatening those reviewers that post a negative review by trying to make Yelp give him their real names isn't going to win him any friends. Well, except other firms with terrible reviews that want to shut Yelp down.

The negative reviews look real, and they're done by people with other Yelp reviews that look real, so if a competitor was really behind his bad reviews it would have taken a lot of effort.
I suggested that Hadeed hire someone to write responses to Yelp posters, since his reponses typically made his company look even worse. It appears he's done that now, as the responses have been changed from "attack the reviewer" to "seeming to want to fix."

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hadeed-oriental-rug-cleaning-washington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom