WWYD

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What would you do: You’re hanging up flyers on doors and they are already covered by some hacks $99.00 special? Tear them down :twisted: or put your flyer on top?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
find a different neighborhood

during the week of 4th of July we had a new firework stand pretty close to us try to steal customers

a lot of customers looked at both firework stands, in the end he stopped selling on July 2nd due to no customers and his advertising brought in more customers for us

biggest reason was we had better product at better prices

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Devil on one shoulder....Angel on the other

If you're hanging them on the door knob then I would put it right on the other guys flier.
If his was stuck in the door or something I would want a better place to put mine...just whatever seemed to be better.

Seems like the first reaction (or temptation) would be to swipe his and trash it.
You might get in trouble for taking something off someones property but it just would be right to take it either way.

If you are confident enough about your model and product, it should be a no-brainer.

Would suck if the guys flier looked better than yours

In that case the above post would apply....another neighborhood.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Mike,

Never take or mess with another persons fliers. For that matter anything from another company. I new a guy who used to take competitors magnets off the fridge. Always be the better person in the long rug it will pay off.

Gene

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've asked if a customer wanted to keep the other companys magnet on the fridge.
I wouldn't pull it otherwise either.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I swiped a couple :twisted: . It was a knee jerk reaction. Plus, I am always curios to see competitors marketing materials. This was at an apartment complex. Most of the leases in Lawrence renew Aug 1st. Allot of the lease require student to pay to have their Apts professionally cleaned when they move out so the lowest price gets the job. I just grabbed a couple because it was a company I had never heard of. All the hack rug suckers come out of the woodwork this time of year.

You're passing out flyers in an apartment complex and complaining about another guy being a hack for offering a 99 dollar special? Around here the standard rate for a 2 bedroom is 55 dollars or something close to that. Go stand outside of the welfare office and pass out flyers. You will get the same result. No seriously passing out flyers in apartment complexes is fine, but your target audience is going to value price over quality all day long. If you are higher priced than most of your competitors, then I would recommend going to nicer areas. As far as someone beating you to the punch, you are a day late and dollar short. If someone took my flyers down, I would do like anyone else on this board and bust some heads.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Fliers may work for pizza and fireworks. But, there are better advertising options that are a much better use of your time than fliers.

It's better to spend your time developing relationships with the centers of influences in your community.

One personal contact or as little as a single phone call can lead to hundreds of new clients as it has for me over and over again.

Centers of influences are everywhere!!

Turn over a few rocks. You may surprise yourself how easy the fishing can be!

Dave Yoakum-

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I agree flyers are generally a waste of time. This is a little deferent situation. 25% of the people they reach must have their carpets cleaned within the next 2-3 weeks. I get about 10-15% response rate. I

I promise I’ll not steal another company’s magnets or flyer again. Except maybe Brummetts :twisted: . Okay, not even from Brummett. Do you really think I could make a real impact on someone’s business by swiping a magnet or flyer? The truth is my only real competition is with myself. That’s the way I look at it. Beyond a little competitive sprit I do not harbor any animosity towered other companies just because we are in the same business.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
danielc said:
You're passing out flyers in an apartment complex and complaining about another guy being a hack for offering a 99 dollar special? Around here the standard rate for a 2 bedroom is 55 dollars or something close to that. Go stand outside of the welfare office and pass out flyers. You will get the same result. No seriously passing out flyers in apartment complexes is fine, but your target audience is going to value price over quality all day long. If you are higher priced than most of your competitors, then I would recommend going to nicer areas. As far as someone beating you to the punch, you are a day late and dollar short. If someone took my flyers down, I would do like anyone else on this board and bust some heads.

$55.00 for a 2 BDRM Is about right if your working for one of the big complexes this is deferent. BTW his flyer was for any size apartment and includes spot treatment, sanitizer, deodorizer and Scotchgard. The guy also is doing restoration work and guarantees he will arrive within 24 hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom