Wrap/lettering advice??? Any thoughts?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So, I'm finally going to make a move and get the van lettered(I think most now print it out like a wrap). Just looking for some advice. This is not going to be a full wrap or anything nuts, Simple logo and some lettering.

My question, what would you consider to be must have info on the van?

Other than: logo, phone, website, what we do(carpet, upholstery,tie & wood).

That seems to be about it, as far as I can tell.

View attachment 1216

Any thoughts on the first try by my "guy"? I doubt I'd go with the little guy on there, but he did a really nice job. I'm sure this one is more then we want to spend.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For what you are doing. You can really just do it in vinyl and not a wrap. a wrap is better suited for an interesting background or full color graphics. I don't know about your van. But on my van the hood is so flat that logo look distorted or hard to read from head on. Remember that it has to be able to be read from several houses away or going 40mph. So, less is better as far as info on the van. Look at new graphics that make an impact. Most have very little info. Just a large name and a graphic.

Last edited:

Connor

Name
Connor
I'd put the racing stripe parallel to the ground instead of that angle and a little lower to the ground, too.

Did you create that character? If you're going to use him, use him on everything.

I'd stick with the character, but move him to the left of the logo.

What is that watermark/shadow behind the name?

Put the name on the hood of the truck to the right of the character.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'd put the racing stripe parallel to the ground instead of that angle and a little lower to the ground, too.

Did you create that character? If you're going to use him, use him on everything.

I'd stick with the character, but move him to the left of the logo.

What is that watermark/shadow behind the name?

Put the name on the hood of the truck to the right of the character.

From my experience hoods are hard to read a company name on. Especially when crowded with a logo. A name on the top of the windshield is more visable and easier to read. BTW: The phone number needs to be 3 times larger. (It gets lost) You might make a bigger impact if you drop the logo and replace it with a full color graphic and you might as well cover both rear windows. The rear is a valuable space that can support more info becaues it can be read by the car directly behind you. (You can't see out the back anyway. (atleast I can't see out the back of mine.) Just replace your rear view mirror with a monitor.

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
It looks good, I actually like the way the stripe goes up. I would loose the guy. I see that all the time around here. It looks like cheap printmaster graphics.(no offence just my thoughts whenever I see him used)

Name
Fred H
i would enlarge the phone # so you can read it a half a mile away. this is the rough draft my sign guy made for me. i had him make the crossed wands smaller and move it so it stood alone and we added a bugle on the front fender also added cleaning carpets upholstery tile and grout. Now i have a new version of the crossed wands made from pictures that looks better.if i wanted attention i would use a pic of paris hilton, right?

View attachment 1217

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
That is REALLY bad Fred....of course that is just my humble opinion..........

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
i would enlarge the phone # so you can read it a half a mile away. this is the rough draft my sign guy made for me. i had him make the crossed wands smaller and move it so it stood alone and we added a bugle on the front fender also added cleaning carpets upholstery tile and grout. Now i have a new version of the crossed wands made from pictures that looks better.if i wanted attention i would use a pic of paris hilton, right?

View attachment 1217

Your sign guy should be taken out back and shot to put him out of his missery

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Your sign guy should be taken out back and shot to put him out of his missery

Maybe the cavalry could shoot them. You need a graphic artist that also knows business.(A rare breed) Not just a guy that bought a vinyl lettering machine. Big difference.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So, I'm finally going to make a move and get the van lettered(I think most now print it out like a wrap). Just looking for some advice. This is not going to be a full wrap or anything nuts, Simple logo and some lettering.

My question, what would you consider to be must have info on the van?

Other than: logo, phone, website, what we do(carpet, upholstery,tie & wood).

That seems to be about it, as far as I can tell.

View attachment 1216

Any thoughts on the first try by my "guy"? I doubt I'd go with the little guy on there, but he did a really nice job. I'm sure this one is more then we want to spend.
I like it! Really cool!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fred I'd make your Calvary graphic huge, 1/3 of the van panel. Then also enlarge the company name, the number smaller than the name. If you must do the wand thing I'd do it on the doors. I think one wand would be sufficient, no need to cross them.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Fred I'd make your Calvary graphic huge, 1/3 of the van panel. Then also enlarge the company name, the number smaller than the name. If you must do the wand thing I'd do it on the doors. I think one wand would be sufficient, no need to cross them.

I was going to post the much of same and you beat me to it. Rear third: top to bottom full color graphic of the cavalry racing in , Mid section: "Cavalry"- 2 ft tall easy to read brightly colored font (Overlap graphic slightly), Next line "Carpet & tile cleaning"(Same font and color) 1ft tall, Next line "To the rescue.... (Slightly rounded font)" Put the website in a bar between the wheels, Phone number large from door to front finder. This will make a far more appealing visual impact with the cavalry racing in to the rescue and it will be easy to read and get the point. (To make this happen change your name slightly into Cavalry instead of Fred whatever..)

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Something like this??? You do need to go to someone who can do you right, it will make a huge difference.

Fredscarpetcalvary.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I was going to post the much of same and you beat me to it. Rear third: top to bottom full color graphic of the cavalry racing in , Mid section: "Cavalry"- 2 ft tall easy to read brightly colored font (Overlap graphic slightly), Next line "Carpet & tile cleaning"(Same font and color) 1ft tall, Next line "To the rescue.... (Slightly rounded font)" Put the website in a bar between the wheels, Phone number large from door to front finder. This will make a far more appealing visual impact with the cavalry racing in to the rescue and it will be easy to read and get the point. (To make this happen change your name slightly into Cavalry instead of Fred whatever..)
A graphic with guys like this would be good. (if they were grouped tighter together) The rear guy could be moved up between the two other guys and change the background.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...=203&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:184

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
oh yeah? whats your van look like?

von shraDER should be taken out back first. that stuff loads carpets with resoiling foam.

My van looks good enough that i often get asked if i am a franchise. You can see it on my web site www.naturalcleaningsystems.ca

My first immpresion when i seen your van was that someone vandilised it by crossing your name out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom