WordPress Websites

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I do. I have been using wordpress for several years for other sites, and now use it for my carpet cleaning website.

Wordpress is SEO friendly.

Wordpress has evolved into a powerfull CMS (Content Management System). You can choose a static page for your web site, and then have links to your blog or articles.

An all in one solution. Plus it's easy to maintain for the average person.

If you choose to go that route (website, not just a blog), make sure you install it in the root directory and do not use the /blog directory. Then you just create a page for your static homepage (and as many other pages you want), and name a post blog which will you can set as the link for your articles.

If you know nothing about wordpress, you won't understand any of this and will need to do some reading. But I can you walk you through it if you need help.

Name
Bruce
Greenie said:
Do people actually call CraigsList for carpet cleaning?

I'm sure the don't call craigs list , but they do call us, we don't get many calls , but every once in a while someone will call from craigs list. My first craigs list job was $225.00 , I think that just about pays for all the free advertising on craigs list. :-)

Walt

Greenie said:
Do people actually call CraigsList for carpet cleaning?

They do here. And not just bargain hunters. We've booked a $700 job off of it. Which reminds me that we need to start doing it again.

The best reason to do is that it provides an incoming link to your site and potentially a hit on your site which moves it up in google listings.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Ok, so I'm the worst about never updating my website and I know that kills me as far as page rank goes. I'm still number 1 in my area on google, yahoo, msn but I've noticed my page rank was up to 2 and has gone back down to 1.

Would installing wordpress and making a post on it weekly or so count as updating my website as far as the search engines (mainly google) are concerned?

Scott

Joey Johnston said:
Ok, so I'm the worst about never updating my website and I know that kills me as far as page rank goes. I'm still number 1 in my area on google, yahoo, msn but I've noticed my page rank was up to 2 and has gone back down to 1.

Would installing wordpress and making a post on it weekly or so count as updating my website as far as the search engines (mainly google) are concerned?

Pagerank has more to do with relevant and high PR backlinks than anything else.

gary mackay

Wordpress articles/blogs always throw my rankings back for awhile for some reason, I have it as a static page. I don't know what the hell I'm doing but the articles or blogs you create on it throw you out there more.

Craigslist is very helpful if you live in a major city and many search titles have 2-3 craigslist allotments per page on google maybe less for yahoo. I use it to get onto the first page & hog them. Include a good keywords list . The cornier the craigslist posts are (5 rooms $39.95, 3 rooms $52.00, ect.) the more credible the quality post looks. I always clean up at the end of the month with a post such as: We fix cheap craigslist carpet cleaning jobs"." Your alternative to cheap guy sloppy carpet cleaning". The property manager/owner wants to rent out the dwelling now & the carpets are still wet, smell funny & look like shit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom