Wool Rug

Paul B

Name
Paul Beardsley
A customer called and said they had a water leak in the basement. The basement fared better than the 8 x 10 wool rug. The rug is a braided (2-sided) wool rug and has been wet for 3 days. The basement water leak was clean water. Looking for input on the process to assist the customer.

V__B1F6.jpg

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Maybe 400$ new. Jeff is correct that it probably has pre-existing areas where the coils sewing that holds the rug together have failed but they are pretty easy to clean/restore IMO. Liability release and make some extra money.

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They are easy to repair I'd you are handy with a hooked needle and thread. You can reinforce weak areas by sewing the inside part of the braids together. Match the thread and stitch pattern to original. Being wet for 3 days, it will need a thorough cleaning and deodorizing. The cost of the cleaning may exceed the value of the rug.

Paul B

Name
Paul Beardsley
Thanks Tom, I passed on it gave the info. and kind of what to expect. Price for cleaning might exceed the $400 cost.

Paul B

Name
Paul Beardsley
that was my thought don,t want to waste her money. thanks for the advice/input

Paul B

Name
Paul Beardsley
Yep she said it was heavy. What I would of tried was water claw extract to dry it down and lighten it up.but it would need a rug pit to get a good final clean(I do not have) and the cost would equal the rug price.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
For future reference: If doing WD remedial work on site, roll rug up around PVC pipe and stand vertical. Be aware the water will drain fairly rapidly while you are extracting other areas. Then, finish off the bottom of the rug with extraction and carry out of the house on the same pole. Or alternatively, get The Rug Sucker (These kits, which Centrum Force offers on their website, will sell to MB people privately at a discount by giving me a PM) and extract on location, and even rinse it out on-location before transporting to your location for processing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom