Winterizing a portable??? What's better anti-freeze or take it apart?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Tired of looking at this stupid thing in my office. I'd like to get it out to the shed. However, we have winters here, often -10 and so.

It's been sitting for years(hopefully it will continue to sit) and actually still had water in one of the filters I checked.

So, would I be better off just putting some rv anti freeze in it or disconnecting all hoses? If I disconnect all lines is it possible to get all water out of a pump?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tired of looking at this stupid thing in my office. I'd like to get it out to the shed. However, we have winters here, often -10 and so.

It's been sitting for years(hopefully it will continue to sit) and actually still had water in one of the filters I checked.

So, would I be better off just putting some rv anti freeze in it or disconnecting all hoses? If I disconnect all lines is it possible to get all water out of a pump?
Blow it out with an air compressor

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd pour a gal or two of RV antifreeze, run it thru all lines (solution line if dedicated to porty) run til pump runs dry, THEN blow it out with compressed air

overkill??...maybe
but better than any freeze bubbles

note, not all RV anti freezes are the same
some have lower freeze ratings than others

and don't dilute

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sell it. Send me $50.00...consulting fee. Buy Christmas presents with the rest.

Of course you'll owe me another $50.00 every time you are asked to do a portable job but now can't because you sold that dust collecter. 😉

I spared you the aggravation of dealing with those jobs. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom