Who never lubes their blower at the end of the day?

FastEddie

Who never lubes their blower at the end of the workday? How long have you been lube free and have you had any blower issues?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
me

My retired TM had over 12,000 hours on the Roots 45.
No repairs.
It did seize once.
I took the big F'ing channel locks to the pulley and freed it up in a jiffy

..L.T.A.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I have never lubed the blower in any machine I have owned.
My waste tank lid is right by the side door and all I do when cooling down the unit is pop it open and idle it for a few minutes if I have picked up any foam or water in it.
The blower is hot enough to dry all the moisture out of it in a couple minutes.
I had one blower with 20,000 hours on it till it broke a timing gear.

GRHeacock

The only times I lubed my blower was after picking up foam, or if doing a W/D too much water in and filled the tank so water went through the blower.

Otherwise, months go by with no lubing.

Never had a seized blower.

Gary

John Watson

My 88 JEM unit had a button that you could push at the end of the job or day or week or whenever that would suck a light oil during shut down if so desired. The original owner did it??????? for the first 6 years he had it. The manufacture asked how often we lubed the insides of the blower and greased the bearings when he was changing it into it's 4th van Why I asked? Well the qt bottle of blower lube is the same amount that it had when he changed vans in 99 and the blower bearing zerks still have the caps he put on them in 99 also. I grease the bearings once a year and replace the caps weather they need it or not. I spray wd-40 if the machine is going to sit more than a week or two if I remember. Maybe 2-3 times a year. Yeah Right he said. Machine has about 12-14 K Hours Original blower and Hawk pump.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have a tank that I made out of a 6" section of brass pipe with 2 brass end caps on it. The bottom is drilled and tapped for a 1/4 NPT pipe tread, I thread a cut off valve into the bottom cap, then run a grease gun hose to the blower, next I fill the small tank with WD 40, at the end of each day, I just turn the cut off valve on and off as quick as I can, this allows a small amount of WD-40 into the blower which lubes it along with my vac HX unit on the other side of the machine, a tank full of WD lasts at least 6 mos. no fumbling for the straw to the can and no looking for the can itself, It keeps the lobes on the blower from excess rust, lubes my blower HX, with very little hassle, I did try using a radiator overflow tank but that always leaked,

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fast Eddie;

We have a small 12" lid above the blower filter.

Take it off while you roll up the hoses.

It takes in dry air, and in combination with the blower heat, dries out the inner surfaces.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom