who makes next day satisfaction calls?

Mikey P

Administrator
For the prices we charge in Scuz, I think we should be doing so..

@Monique makes the call, if they gripe, she has the tech call them back to discuss the issue is my idea

FredC

Village Idiot
if they gripe, she has the tech call them back to discuss the issue is my idea

seems potentially confrontational

why the tech call back. Yes I know he is that was there and is familiar but.............

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to on all cleaning jobs but it didn't go over so well for residential. People seemed irritated at times after we made several attempts trying to reach them.

We found much better success sending out a thank you card that included a self addressed and stamped quality control card. We got back lots of them with very few concerns. Those that did we contacted to address the issue.

We still called all commercial work which they were easier to reach and it was much more appreciated.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
seems potentially confrontational

why the tech call back. Yes I know he is that was there and is familiar but.............
If the tech calls and starts the conversation with a humble "thank you for telling us", I don't see any confrontation.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I did these calls in the past but I got lazy and comfortable. I really need to pick up the phone again

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I think follow up is a terrific idea, and most cleaners who do it feel like it’s their “secret weapon” when it comes to long term customer retention.

Today, though, I wonder if the “texting culture” has made phone calls seem to be intrusive. It even has had an effect on me:

If I get a phone call from any of my family (or my very few friends)I immediately assume it must be an emergency, as most all of them(even my father!) routinely text first.

So unexpected calls from most any source catch me off guard and create a level of tension.

I’m not sure I have an answer to that, but I think it’s a growing problem.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have a business friend who runs an auto repair shop far differently than any other in the area. He targents his marketing toward middle aged women, and has a very good following.

He uses texts both for contacting them to let them know the work is done, and for follow ups.

They love it, and him.

steve_64

I use to call but got tired of all the complaints.

Like Richard I follow up on most commercial. Even drop in on new jobs to see how it turned out.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I did a follow-up call for all my customers. One to three days later, since we did not call on weekends or holidays.

We never framed the conversation not as calling to make sure all was OK, but rather to thank them for their business, see if they had any questions. This provided an opportunity for them to voice any concerns or complaints without inviting them.

That was before texting was so common. I like Jim's idea bout texting. The technician who was in contact with the client, might even mark the paper work "C" or "T" for call or text depending upon his perception of which they would be more comfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
Its been a while now but Tam always called the next day. Can't remember people ever complaining about it.

Texting. calling, email, or whatever I would prepare them to receive it either in the prep email or scheduling process.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We e-mail along with the invoice. Of course that’s commercial. A conversation usually ensues. Instructions on care if it’s a floor.

RobMLyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Yes, we use a software that many in the plumbing trade use to survey and then so tell us for reviews survey monkey for follow up

Reactions: Connor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom