who else HATES working in the rain!!!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i would rather sit in a room and have gary read me the bible than work in the rain..had 5 jobs today and 3 of them were "must do"
and it pisses me off to no end..i have rain gear and all but it still just ruins my day...and i was supposed to be off today but on of the guys girlfriends is leaving
for the summer and today was his last day to be with her so i volunteered to take the day for him...he owes me huge..

so am i being a baby or is it everyone?

TimP

It rained like crazy all last week durring the first half of the day. I'm kinda glad I didn't have to work in it....kinda sad that I didn't have any income. It's a double edged sword. :shock:

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
would rather work in the rain than the snow!! By the time I get done with a job, I am soaked anyways from sweat. :roll:

klewis4

Worst thing about rain is the increased time it takes to dry the carpet. I think it's worse for the client that for us.

TimP

I actually think it's worse working when it's hot, as far as comfort (when it's 95+ and 70%+ humidity). But when it's raining it makes it difficuilt to keep hoses clean and keep stuff out of the customers home and it's just a mess. And when it starts flooding well then it gets uncomfortable when your shoes are soaked completely through to your socks. But I'd rather work than not have the work for sure.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I actually like working in the rain. The key is to keep yourself warm and dry. Rubber duck hunting shoes , rubber gloves, rain coat with hood. You are a monster, a king of the elements. There is no one out there bothering you. Plus you aren't wasting a beautiful day working.

G

I don't care about the rain; it's the lighting that gets me. I jump like a scared cat ever time I see a flash; Been struck one too many times kinda like that guy on the great outdoors!!

:oops: :lol: :roll:

Other than that; Been working my tail off; about to drive my techs crazy with all the darn local work; they are whining about how they can't wait to get back on the road jobs again!!

Ernie G

When I had a carpet cleaning busn. in S.Cal., and it rained, cust. would cancel alot, with my seattle busn. they seldom cancel, but I still sometimes complain.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
topnotchman said:
Hope you never have to move to the northwest then!

i worked in the north for 10 years sucking carpet and doing fire/flood resto...i was smart enough to pack
my shit and head south..
i just hate tracking in all the moisture and dripping water everywhere, all the extra towels and walk off mats
god forbid if they have hardwood floors..what a pai.

so i guess i am just a baby...but i try to be a dry baby. michel laughs because i will fish till i am all wrinkly in the rain
but cry like a baby when i have to work in it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd much rather work in the snow than rain

20 and up temps w/snow over steady to heavy rain any day

yes, Dave, I hate cleaning in the rain too.
I'll fish all day in it......like a duck, i let roll off my back.
but it plain SUCKS to clean carpets in the rain

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Sometimes my little ol' black ladies will cancell if it rains...an i wanna scream....
DON YOU HAVE A ROOF??????
but i don.and then re-schedule...........

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i dont really have a problem with people wanting to reschedule due to rain..it is more me than them.
i think it is funny that people run to and from their car but want someone to stand in it mixing pre spray
and stretching hose...whenever we are having things done around the house and it is dumping
i always call and give the company the option to do it another day
unless i really need/want it done then i have towels laid out knowing that the person is going to bring in
some moisture with them..

Name
I'm Rick James
Things that top my list that I hate more than working in the rain. In no order

1. Hoses getting dog, mud or bird poo on them or stepping in it.
2. Getting a face full of spiderweb trying to hook up the garden hose
3. Customer watching and trying to help pull hoses.
4. "What do you mean you cant move my TV, I can help you".
5. Dogs that keep trying to smell my junk.
6. Having to pull out another link of hose cause you are 2 feet short.
7. Working in the snow.
8. Working in the blazing heat.
9. Working in the rain.

I do love what I do.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
unless it is restoration work i do not do any carpet cleaning or strip and waxes both because i hate doing while its raining and because it messes with my drytimes. i will however clean tile and grout while its raining and i will powerwash concrete as well.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
It has been slow for me around here as the rain has just tappered off a bit . I would just be thrilled at the fact you had 5 jobs in a day. I have been so slow 5 jobs in a week wouldnt sound bad.

Mike Draper

Kevin McCreary said:
Cry me a river! Try working in 14 inches of snow -3 degrees.

Yeah, then my hoses fill the van up with snow as I wind it up, gloves are soaking wet, shoes are wet, my ass is freezing! I'll take rain any day over snow. Oh, did I mention solution line freezing up because I took more than 2 minutes to start cleaning! :cry:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
juniorc82 said:
It has been slow for me around here as the rain has just tappered off a bit . I would just be thrilled at the fact you had 5 jobs in a day. I have been so slow 5 jobs in a week wouldnt sound bad.

i am thrilled with my work load..it gets overwhelming at times because it just does not let up (that is a good thing) but it seems like every day we get 1-2 people that need to be squeezed
in and it gets tiring at times..i wouldnt trade it for anything but it is still tiring..and we work very hard to build and keep building our customer base..if i didnt have the
work load i have i would be pounding the malls and gas stations to get it as i did when i was first building my business...

gary mackay

It really sucks when it is out of the city limits & you got to run your hoses in the dirt & your shit is full of mud for the next job. I'd rather work without a t-shirt all day in a rough sweaty shirt & have nipple chafe!

Name
Ron lippold
well i cant say as i has not rained much in 90 days or snow since last year. I guess it is pretty much heaven here you guys that put up with that shit are crazy. we do everything in the sun I LOVE IT....... 8)

Name
John LaBarbera
rjfdube said:
I don't care about the rain; it's the lighting that gets me. I jump like a scared cat ever time I see a flash; Been struck one too many times kinda like that guy on the great outdoors!!

:oops: :lol: :roll:

Other than that; Been working my tail off; about to drive my techs crazy with all the darn local work; they are whining about how they can't wait to get back on the road jobs again!!

Hi Ricky,

Didn't know about all those lightening strikes....Hey buddy, that explains a lot. I don't mind the lightening but the thunder makes me recoil. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Just a little humor.

your friend,

John

Back
Top Bottom