Which glide should I buy???

Which glide should I buy?

• Holed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sloted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darrel L

I have been using a portable for 2 years now.

Im switching to a new prochem peak with a quad jet wand on friday. I wanted to know what glide you all think would be best.

I do a decent amount of both commercial and residential work.

Most of my Res. custys have pets. Not alot of moveouts but Im getting more of them all the time.

Cant wait to read your opinions.

holed?
Sloted?
Hybrid?

Farenheit251

You need to call Greenie at 866-get teflon. Ideally you want to work to tweaking your wand to flow as much water as possible and still get good dry times. Consider changing to a different wand-most distributors allow this. That is not a bad wand -just not my first choice.
A hole glide would be my forst choice as it will give you an idea of the most extreme drying and ease of use and you can tweak from there. Nothing is going to work well on pet hair including no glide. On those you just got to vaccuum. Brian E

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I would get a hole glide and you can modify it later if need be. Someone has to vacuum the carpet before you clean with a hole glide. I would get a 14" 2" wand if you can because you have a tm thats big enough to allow the larger wand and you just get a little more production out of a 14" wand. I have a pmf 14" 1.5" wand myself and the 2" wand does flow more air, I am just use to the 1.5 and using a 2" is a little tougher on the hands. My dry times are still 2-4 hours with my wand. A Ti wand would be great but call and talk with Mr Greenie before you commit to a wand with your distributor. If all you do is trashed apts and restaurants that have debris on the floor and you don't prevac then get a hybrid or slot glide, but they are a little harder to push then a hole glide. I have a hole glide and a modified hole glide and I use the hole glide more.

Mister Sir

P>S> A 14" 2" cmp wand is a decent alternative to a ti wand.

R. Freitas

Buy a holed glide and make your own custom hybrid. Each system works better with different slot sizes.

For example, the glide for my big CMP wand is much different than the glide I use on my 802.

How much vacuum you have is also a factor. That's why the standard hybrid falls short. It's made for a one glide for all systems. Of course it would be impossible or un-reasonable for Greenglide to have every configuration available so you have to use some inginuity on your part.
Once you're dialed in, you won't have crud building on the divider sections like the standard slot glide and you'll be able to vacuum up crud and hair that you don't get with the hole glide. You also pick up much more than the standard hybrid.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Do you carry a vacuum on your truck? Are you willing to use it on hair jobs and debris jobs? Does it piss you off to have to pull the cuff off of your wand and suck up debris? Do you do a lot of restaraunts, or more office/retail commercial?

Here is a breakdown of the differences between the three configurations:

HOLES:

Positives: Push easiest, dry fastest, near virtual elimination of "wand chatter" on commercial gluedown.Sturdiest and longest lasting.

Negatives: Picks up very little debris, provides little aggitation.

HYBRID:

Positives: Picks up debris about the size of a sunflower seed, dries faster and pushes easier than the slot glide. Gives a slight amount of aggitation.

Negatives: Due to the pattern on the face it leaves a strong striped pattern, especially in dense piles, because of this it is not recommended for dense, natural fibers. Does not dry as fast or push as easy as the hole glide. Does not pick up large debris.

SLOT:

Positives: Provides the most aggitation and debris removal of all the glides. Leaves a pattern closest to the traditional wand slot.

Negatives: Hardest push and slowest dry of the three designs. Least sturdy - shortest lifespan.

So consider your new machine, your personal tolerances and preferences, and they types of jobs you do. Whether you pre-vacuum, at least on the nasty jobs, etc. and choose for yourself. No one can choose for you.

Take care,
Lisa

Farenheit251

No problem picking up a blade of grass here. I run an accelerator 2545 with screaming vac and first 50 feet is 2.5" hose. Lots of debris finds its way thru the holes with enough vac.
Additionally I have openings on the side of the glide and if I slide the side of the wand within about 1.5 inches of debris I can pick up alot of medium sized stuff. My pmf 1102 with hybrid glide doesn't have the gaps on the side.
The best glide is affected by the amount of vac your machine has and the wand you choose. That is why I say call Greenie. Brian E

G

The Quadjet is NOT the best wand to get if you plan on doing more than about 25% of your cleaning on commercial carpet. Why? Because it is only 11" wide and will cut down on your cleaning rate too much, epecially compared to what you could do with a 14" wand.

The Quadjet is a great wand for a cleaner that does primarily furnished residential cleaning, where the ability to get around the dressers and beds is needed. Alot more people own these wands than almost any other wand, and IMHO, this is the best steel built wand made, but you need to use it for the correct application to get the most out of it.

If you are getting it though, I would go with a slot glide. They are the biggest seller for a good reason. You allow you to pick up most stuff out of the carpet and provide good aggitation. The reduction in push effort will still be greater than 50% on all types of carpet. Only if you are a cleaner that pre-vacs almost every job would I reccomend the holed glide to you. You will leave too much behind if you do not do this.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Darrel, if you can only afford one glide, buy a slot glide from Greenie and Lisa.
except no substitutions.

I have a slot and hole glide and notched Ti wand.
(the notch allows easy glide switch)
There isn't a dimes worth of difference in "complete" dry times between the two if your using pre-sprays and wetting out the fiber.
At least that's true from my side by side tests with a 45 blower @14hg on cut piles.

No matter how well you vac, you will be pulling the cuff off to vac debris w/hole glide.
The hole doesn't clean as deep on cut piles either IMHO

Our hole glide gets little to no use now a days

..L.T.A.

Darrel L

Thanks for the responses from all!!!

I purchased a Hybrid today for the wand. I may purchase the larger wand later but this one came with the TM.

I got it from greenie. Plus they sent me some rx20 glides so I will post in detail how these work out!

Thanks again.

G

You are welcome. After you try them, you will likely never want to go glideless again.

Darrel L

Got the Glides today, both the hybrid and the ones for the RX20. I must say that the fit and finish on these are incredible. No flaws that I could make out. They fit snug and tight into the RX and very tight on the wand. I had to heat the the thing at 300 degrees for 7 minutes and it just snapped right on after that.

I will be trying these both out with the new Peak tommorow on 2500 sf of commercial glue down. Ill let everyone know what happens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom