When you give quotes on protector...

Chris A

Name
Chris
High price First, or low price first. Right now I am doing "the price for the cleaning is ___, with scotchgard on all carpet it will be ___. Am I in reverse?

G

Most people freak when they hear the price for real factory required Scotch Guard with Teflon prices; Most want the cheap knock off brands which I don't offer.

Chris A

Name
Chris
rjfdube said:
Most people freak when they hear the price for real factory required Scotch Guard with Teflon prices; Most want the cheap knock off brands which I don't offer.

Thank you for totally answering the question, JC :roll:

Name
Ron lippold
i always mention the stain guard in the est and give no price. I wait till im half done with the worst room and ask mrs jones if she want the rugs to come this clean next time and she says yes and we end up selling alot of it. I price the stain guard as to how happy she is with the results of the cleaning it gives way more flexability

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ron Lippold said:
I price the stain guard as to how happy she is with the results of the cleaning it gives way more flexability

LOL, we've been selling a lot of S/G lately, still like to get more though.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Rick

Can you tell me which carpet manufacturers require the application of Scotchgard or Teflon? I've heard this come up in the past, and I've never been able to nail down the source of that statement.

I'm not disputing you, just curious.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jim, mills don't explicility state the protector is required.. however, Wear-dated fibers required it every second cleaning to maintain the warranty on the fiber. I don't know how this has changed since Mohawk has purchased the wear-dated name. Just the info that we know from the retail side. when we know more I'll post it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I am not disputing Rickie's comment guys.

Last I checked, I am not on the highly favored list with any of the carpet manufacturers, so I could be in the dark on recent information.

The only written information I have seen to date was something published by Piranha Marketing, which of course is not a carpet manufacturing company

I am open to more information from Rickie or others that may have updated information that would help us all.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I quote up the price of cleaning, then add on the price for protector, then tell them the prices in that order. Adding protector is about the only other thing I can offer on most res carpets since I won't apply a deod unless its needed and the cleaning will deod 90% normal res anyway.

sometimes they are talking about how much its going to cost while I'm doing the quote so those times I just give the cleaning price.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think it can be either way Chris. One way I use to do it is say " It will be 149.50 to clean and Scotchgard the carpet, can I start in the bedroom, since that is the furthest point?" This assumes the sale and their option is at that point to A) Not answer my question, becuase they want to discuss the price/scotchgard, or B) they say sure go ahead and start in the bedroom. Either way it moves it to the next stage of them ultimately making a decision or I got started cleaning. At least 50% of the time they said go ahead and the majority of the time we discussed it further they still bought the SG. Close rate was 70-75% for SG on residential, and almost all our crews are above 70%, some as high as close to 90%.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom