What industry up-sell did you embrace, equip and educate for, only to decide it wasn't a good fit for you and later moved on from?

Name
Evets
We clean a lot of dog/cat urine jobs and charge for it, but don't really consider it an upsell. I ask if it is present when they call so there isn't an upsell approach in their home.
We make great money doing Wood Floors, Repairs & Re Stretching, & Tile cleaning.
Only sell protectors when the customer ask for it.
Never charged extra for Rotary Extraction, back when we did that.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
jack zerkie
Wasted money on original twin spinner roto vac . Then on Hydraforce dri spinner and a few other I don't remember collecting dust in storage great boat anchor .

Mikey P

Administrator
This rash of topical coating for all hard surfaces will go down as the most disastrous upsell this industry has seen.

The push of this nonsense was what I would call morally corrupt at a recent event where 180 plus attendees had the "amazing opportunity of a lifetime", shoved down their throats..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I still remember its ACTUAL name- tri-butyl tin maleate. Sounds safe, right?

That takes me back to the "Sylgard" vs "Ultrafresh" wars.

Sylgard had the same stuff used by some of the bacteriostatic coatings that were applied during the Pandemic. Great to limit bacterial growth, ok for mold, nearly ineffective for virus.

To its credit, it was pretty safe stuff. But it gave me heartburn when I'd see the stuff applied with the thought of keeping homes and businesses "safe" from coronavirus.

But the tributyl tin maleate in Ultrafresh was scary.

40 years later, no one except Lee and I and maybe a few others here remember it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Just call us old.

old coots giving bad advice.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Swani
This rash of topical coating for all hard surfaces will go down as the most disastrous upsell this industry has seen.

The push of this nonsense was what I would call morally corrupt at a recent event where 180 plus attendees had the "amazing opportunity of a lifetime", shoved down their throats..
I'm guessing you're talking about the Encapalooza event?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom