what do you do?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
cleaning carpet abutting a hardwood floor?

I used to put carpet samples on the hardwood floor next to the carpet . Then came up with the idea to use delicate surface Frogtape painters tape since it has light adhesive.

this is so I can spray right up to the edge without getting any on the wood. I can also run the CRB on the edge over the tape without any concern about the wood floor.

This has worked well for like forever. Until this past week when I ran across an older home with the old parquet floor in the foyer. The finish was wearing off in places. So I do my regular cleaning and when I take the tape off, everything looks fine.

Next day she calls and says there is a 2 inch line on the floor where the tape took the stain out of the floor. (I think she meant the finish, not the stain)

Suggestions or comments appreciated.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have never had a problem with pre spraying onto the edge of a wood floor. Anything I am concerned about, I will just clean the edge with my stair tool

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just get some matte finish and touch up the area.

But for future issues, just keep some rags n your pocket and wipe up immediately. I’ve never had to tape up or put carpet samples down.

Maybe put down some painting blankets to prevent soapy footprints, but you shouldn’t have to worry about it, unless you’re using too much treatment, flooding the carpet

SamIam

Name
sam miller
cleaning carpet abutting a hardwood floor?

I used to put carpet samples on the hardwood floor next to the carpet . Then came up with the idea to use delicate surface Frogtape painters tape since it has light adhesive.

this is so I can spray right up to the edge without getting any on the wood. I can also run the CRB on the edge over the tape without any concern about the wood floor.

This has worked well for like forever. Until this past week when I ran across an older home with the old parquet floor in the foyer. The finish was wearing off in places. So I do my regular cleaning and when I take the tape off, everything looks fine.

Next day she calls and says there is a 2 inch line on the floor where the tape took the stain out of the floor. (I think she meant the finish, not the stain)

Suggestions or comments appreciated.
Carry a flat micro fiber flat mop

• Love
Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just get some matte finish and touch up the area.

But for future issues, just keep some rags n your pocket and wipe up immediately. I’ve never had to tape up or put carpet samples down.

Maybe put down some painting blankets to prevent soapy footprints, but you shouldn’t have to worry about it, unless you’re using too much treatment, flooding the carpet
Had a bathroom remodel company put tape on marble to secure the protective cover.

There was a topical that peeled off when they did clean up.

You could see peel all over the floor.

I said it all needed to be stripped and recoated.

But it looked like it was failing all over the home owner was super pissed said I was stupid it wasn't marble.

And wanted the company to fix it.

I put a little stripper and it came off.

I walked out was tempted to sock a liar in the face.

PXL_20220419_184640549.jpg PXL_20220419_182440136.jpg PXL_20220419_184634827.jpg PXL_20220419_184519724.jpg PXL_20220419_184514025.jpg PXL_20220419_182913185.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I throw down 4X15' canvas tarps and I never had a problem with just being careful and wiping off any overspray that might get on the hard floor. You could use a plastic or aluminum painters' shield, like is sold at Lowe's.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom