Welcome Paul and Tina!

Mikey P

Administrator
This true Mom and Pop couple are back in The Biz after a15 year absence.

They've come to the realization that the Yellow Pages and Val Pak are long gone and are finding it a real struggle to find consistent work.

They need a website, a google listing and a Facebook page to welcome them into the modern era.

With no funds to pay a pro to build them an on-line presence, they will have to go about it themselves, so if some of you older guys can guide them along on how you did or do it

Paul cleans with a Von Schrader and a Rainbow vacuum and takes the time to get good results, I think he should play off this old timey, quick drying method. Most young homeowners ( who have been screwed by soakers) will be impressed with the retro look, no noise and quick drying.

@Paul & Tina Hansen , see if any of these videos help...

Welcome to MB!

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think he should play off this old timey, quick drying method. Most young homeowners ( who have been screwed by soakers) will be impressed with the retro look, no noise and quick drying.

I'll pass on the gin you guzzled
but might have a toke of that Redding Hi-Octane bud you're smoking

Paul cleans with a Von Schrader and a Rainbow vacuum

unless their biz model is to be cherry picking niche part time suds slingers at hi-roller prices, you'd be wise to find and remove the mind control chip implanted at Racine Wi

and I have to ask...
How much carpet have YOU cleaned with a VS shampoo box?
I'll bet not very much beyond a demo at some sales event/fest

you're not helping these people .
you're enabling them to be duped and traveling a path that's about the poorest choice available today

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do they still have the list of their customers 15years ago? I'm sure most of those people are long gone, but they'll at least have addresses to mail out post cards to, to maybe get started

Mikey P

Administrator

unless their biz model is to be cherry picking niche part time suds slingers at hi-roller prices, you'd be wise to find and remove the mind control chip implanted at Racine Wi

and I have to ask...

you're enabling them to be duped and traveling a path that's about the poorest choice available today

..L.T.A.

Paul loves the method and is determined to stick with it.

He needs to make the best of it, or quit and get a job.

FredC

Village Idiot
Give him Von Schrader Mardie’s number then
Or better yet, the number of the best job resume’ providers ....

..L.T.A.
I thought about giving a link to Mardee since he seems to have done well starting from a VS.

But his wife might also work for the bank

And I would also be complicit in creating another vlm only hack

FredC

Village Idiot
And @Paul & Tina Hansen this guy might be able to help you

https://www.facebook.com/mardie.vanbree

He appears to have successfully marketed a service similar to yours

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
As far as online

Create a simple website on one of the free/low cost services like wix

Create a google my biz account/listing

Google “carpet cleaning your city” . Take the phone number of the top 3 on maps (not ads)
and google those. Anywhere you find them listed list your site (the free places)

Go pass out flyers on the weekend and start participating in social groups on and offline

Then apply for a job somewhere until you start getting enough work that you can’t keep that job

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So, is Mardie coming back?

If you know what's good for the board, increase views, thread counts and blood pressure, you know what the answer is!

Name
Magic Wand Carpet Cleaning
wow, so much negativity....I really don't appreciate my equipment being put down like this.....so few positive thoughts in a large mix of negative crap.....a wise man once said that you don't go looking for one good biscuit in a garbage can....this is very disappointing......i'll go elsewhere to get positive insights.....geez

Mikey P

Administrator

and I have to ask...

..L.T.A.

Paul loves the method and is determined to stick with it.

He needs to make the best of it, or quit and get
So, is Mardie coming back?

If you know what's good for the board, increase views, thread counts and blood pressure, you know what the answer is!
Maddie bought a truckmount

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use to own a von Schrader carpet and upholstery machine. I find the upholstery machine to be a great way to clean just about any fabric. All kinds of different foams for different fabrics. The carpet machine definitely cleans well but can be quite cumbersome. I don't know why von Schrader hasn't developed a power wand that can be attached to the machine and allow you to get under desks and tables and what not. Could also be used on stairs instead of the upholstery machine. Great machine for fast drying commercial work. The foam drys brittle like an encap product. Personally, I wouldn't use it residentially but if you don't mind the work and carrying it upstairs, you can develop a good market for that type of cleaning. I would ditch the rainbow and get a good quality HEPA vacuum cleaner.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
you assholes fan him oft.

"I will be forgoing going back to the mikeysboard thing. I definitely do not appreciate having insulted for the equipment I use. All the stuff you were drooling me last night with the only advice I can really walk away with bears the marketing thing. I did not appreciate being drilled about the kind of equipment I'm using. And I most certainly did not like some of the stuff I saw Mikey's board pertaining to getting a job or how much harder is going to be for me or money equipment being put down for one of the heirs etc etc etc. So I will be bored going going back to that board. The equipment I'm using is badass and I were stacking up against anybody who is using a truck mount. Like I said though I will be pursuing the advice you gave me about marketing and getting online. My apologies to you and all the members on the board for now meeting up to your standards. I'm out of here"

Reactions: Ron K

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wow, so much negativity....I really don't appreciate my equipment being put down like this.....so few positive thoughts in a large mix of negative crap.....a wise man once said that you don't go looking for one good biscuit in a garbage can....this is very disappointing......i'll go elsewhere to get positive insights.....geez

if you want straight talk from veterans that have been there and done that, you're in the right place

if you want someone to blow smoke up your azz to make you "feel" better about a poor choice , this might not be the right place

if you think the VS is a good choice for everyday carpet cleaning in residential with kids and pets, (or in general everyday CC'ing) I question your experience and judgement to know good advise when you hear it

I owned one, I used one
a VS is a poor choice to what's available .
If you're stuck with it, and have no resources to buy better/more efficient equipment, then specialize in fine fabric care/upholstery at hi-roller prices
and g'luck
I sincerely wish you well

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you assholes fan him oft.

"I will be forgoing going back to the mikeysboard thing. I definitely do not appreciate having insulted for the equipment I use. All the stuff you were drooling me last night with the only advice I can really walk away with bears the marketing thing. I did not appreciate being drilled about the kind of equipment I'm using. And I most certainly did not like some of the stuff I saw Mikey's board pertaining to getting a job or how much harder is going to be for me or money equipment being put down for one of the heirs etc etc etc. So I will be bored going going back to that board. The equipment I'm using is badass and I were stacking up against anybody who is using a truck mount. Like I said though I will be pursuing the advice you gave me about marketing and getting online. My apologies to you and all the members on the board for now meeting up to your standards. I'm out of here"

pee-azzzz

he's a brainwashed moron

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hope what I said wasn’t offensive. I often think about what it took me to get where I am today and the mountains I had to over come. It truly exhausts me and I’m not sure if I could do it again. One thing about this board, there are alot of inflated egos, but with those egos is a lot of experience and tough love. Roll with it, these are good guys here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom