Welcome Matt King!!

Mikey P

Administrator
For a guy who can make a truckmount from toilet paper rolls, I'm surprised you had such a hard time finding your way in here.

Relax, take a deep breath, put your feet up, pop a cold one cause you're home now buddy.

Welcome to the best dang rug sucking chat room ever.

It was made just for guys like YOU!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
welcome Matt.

Good to see you here.
Your mechanical expertise and knowledge will be a valuable asset to us all

..L.T.A.

Matt King

Thanks Man! I finally got here. I'm looking at all of the rooms,topics etc.. and don't know where to begin? It looks like I got alot of catching up to do! Glad to be here though, you made a great board.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Hey Matt!
Glad to see you here! Nice looking Steam genie, your not going to get rid of your Genesis are you?

Take care,
Jerry

Matt King

Thanks man. Ya, I have to. I start it up every couple days and hear that 59 and cringe that I gotta sell it. We live in a condo and our association doesn't allow home based businesses like mine. They let me do it if I keep only 1 van and it's parked in the garage at all times when I'm home. So until we build a house and move, I can't have 2 vans. Right now the Genesis is sitting in the garage keeping warm and waiting for its new owner. I don't want to just let it sit for a year until we move. It needs to be in use. For now I'm a 1 van show and the pto has to get used and tweaked to be ready to sell. So far I'm really happy with it!

Matt King

Well, I wanted to build SG pto's on the side of my CC'ing business for guys who still want them but in new vans. So I thought I'd change the things I didn't like on the original, make a new frame layout and wastetank and give it a shot. As far as power goes, the 47 is no 59 that's for sure. I am going to take this 47 design as far as I can take it powerwise without compromising reliability. I talked to Greenie on this this morning. I'm going to burn up as many clutches as I can to find that 'sweet' spot for power and balance it with long term performance. I did a 59 pto too that will just be a custom deal if a guy Really wanted it. I'm just going to make the basic platform for them and the truck brand/model will probably be up to the purchaser. Most of the large trucks I've looked at have pto options on their transmissions and there are transfer case kits available for most as well. It won't be a 'production' machine per say, just a custom deal. The 47 will be a production unit though. One thing I'm kind of proud of is the True rinsing design of the wastetank. To the best of my knowlege, only you V and AT guys have a nice, free rinsing tank. Definately the best in the industry. I'll try and shoot for second best, that'll be fine with me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom