Website Builders

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is there a point where you say no to a potential customer who won't be able to spend enough to make a decent site?
Your name is on the site as the designer, creator and by puting sub-par websites out in the world, it would seem to hurt your reputation.

You would think that someone viewing a site would know that if it's a crappy sight, it would be BECAUSE of the lack of money spent...but perception gets the best of some.

I just wonder if you worry about this kind of thing.

I know a one page, info only website can look decent. But I have seen some that just really look horrible. Whether it be graphics are "blury" (for lack of a better term) or the layout just sucks.

I can refer to my own website as not being pro, so don't think I am getting on my high horse.
It was just a thought.

aqualux

I know my designer isn't like that at all! I paid roughly $300 for my site and seo marketing! He even did my photoshoot for free! We have a monthly deal where I pay him based off of sales.. so he keeps up with the marketing and website, because frankly i'm too busy to do it myself. I can definitely say that the money is worth it as most of my business comes from online (what he has done).

Although for some reason he did not put his information on the site... so maybe he thinks its a bad site? I really don't think so... i remember him telling me he rarely brands sites, unless needs new clients.

So i can't really speak for all designers, but my guy isn't too concerned with it. As he puts quality work in all his jobs, no matter the price.

DevilDog

Brian, your site is pretty basic but fine and the other site shown is fine also.

Having gotten into the website design and SEO business in the last 12 months and having a GREAT team of experts to work with I can say there are a lot of things you can do to make your sites better...but the fact you have a site is a major step forward.

There are sites that look really good but they do not SELL,....and the bottom line is when someone goes to your site....do they end up calling you. And can they find your site based on the keywords you are targeting.

One of the BEST things you can do is add a blog to your site...preferably Wordpress.

The two sites I am going to show here are not good examples of a carpet cleaning site....because they are not carpet cleaning....but sites can look like anything....and the team I have put together can make the most advanced sites...or basic sites...whatever you need and we can do it for very affordable prices.

And they will be SEO properly...I see sites all the time that people say are SEO'd properly but they don't come close to what is GOOD SEO...and trust me, GOOD SEO can make a major difference.

http://politicsandlies.com/

http://containersstorage.net

These are two very different sites but what the clients wanted.

No matter what you do make sure the site sells!!! People could care less about your van or machine...use images and text that hits emotional points and hit YOUR selling points. Put that together and you will do fine.

Also, one thing that is interesting is that guys don't seem to understand that if you have sites on the first page of Google for your keywords that TWO sites are better than one...and THREE are better than two.

Push your competition off the page and your chances of getting a lot more work go up.

Getting a first class site is not expensive and it is one of the best investments you can make.

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom